Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

, but the funny part was when she walked away from her cart to grab more stuff, other people thought it was a "mark down cart" and started taking stuff out of it. The lady never even knew.

I have had bad dreams the last few days about that happening to my cart - or I lose my cart completely! Isn't that crazy? You know what I have been thinking about!

Last year at the 75% off sale this woman said "This whole side is mine!" motioning to a whole aisle!! and even kept dragging more over to that side> We could not believe it. She literally would not let a single person near!

I was so disappointed to see that one of the Targets by me (Long Island, NY) were still at 30%. They did have like 5 or 6 aisle of stuff, and as a pp said I hope they mark them down soon.

To be honest, I don't think I;ve ever seen 75% off toys, but maybe I just never caught them in time.

LOL - you must have young kids to be going to that many. My ds is 13 and dd is going to be 9 next month, so we are pretty much out of toys. I am thinking about getting my dd the Digi Makeover. (Graceland has a lot) I think she will like to do makeovers on her brother. ;)

:) Yes. My boys are 3, so we still have quite awhile left in the toy stage. I'm on a mission! I want that workbench at 75% off! :D And the leapfrog tv system would be great too. I'm sure if I manage to hit a 75% store that I'll manage to find some other goodies too :) I hope anyway!

Hee hee...your daughter doing makeovers on your son sounds like fun!!!!!!!!!:tongue1:

There was one lady there that had three carts filled and couldn't push all of them so she left two of them sit while she was filling the third. She was filling her arms and dumping it in her cart. :eek: It was ridiculous, but the funny part was when she walked away from her cart to grab more stuff, other people thought it was a "mark down cart" and started taking stuff out of it. The lady never even knew. My niece and I started laughing and walked away without saying anything. ;)

I walked around keeping my carts close the whole time, or at least within sight. I always do that for markdown days as I have had people trying to take my things before. And, I have, inadvertently taken from other people too.:blush:

Oh, and I'd have ignored the lady trying to claim a whole aisle. You either get a cart and tote it around or give it up. That's insane. That's like what the scalper guy was trying to pull with the Walmart Disney Cars on me. Yeah, right, like I'm going to "obey" you because you claim them all. Geez. What a nut. On the other hand, I know a rather nasty woman who is like that and has been seen smashing and tearing the items someone else wanted to buy because they didn't go along with her. She's a real piece of work, and she does sell on ebay.

, but the funny part was when she walked away from her cart to grab more stuff, other people thought it was a "mark down cart" and started taking stuff out of it. The lady never even knew.

I have had bad dreams the last few days about that happening to my cart - or I lose my cart completely! Isn't that crazy? You know what I have been thinking about!

Last year at the 75% off sale this woman said "This whole side is mine!" motioning to a whole aisle!! and even kept dragging more over to that side> We could not believe it. She literally would not let a single person near!

She can't do that, it has to go in the cart. Thats the sales law! LOL I would grab it anyway, you can't claim a whole section yours just because LOL

I went to Manalapan, Howell and Neptune today and pretty much everything was still scanning 30-50% - this was early in the a.m. Not sure if it went down to 75% later, please post if it did.

I did find:

V-tech Camera $12.48.

Awesome find on the camera! Congratulations. :fluffy:

There was one lady there that had three carts filled and couldn't push all of them so she left two of them sit while she was filling the third. She was filling her arms and dumping it in her cart. :eek: It was ridiculous, but the funny part was when she walked away from her cart to grab more stuff, other people thought it was a "mark down cart" and started taking stuff out of it. The lady never even knew. My niece and I started laughing and walked away without saying anything. ;)

OMG, that is funny. :razz::yup:

I don't care for it when people are greedy like that. It's one thing to plan ahead for birthdays, misc. holidays, gift closets, and of course the winter holidays, etc. But it's downright glutteny to buy like that when you know she's going to probably unload her items on Ebay or Craigslist.

Of course, this is my own opinion. :fluffy:

I was so disappointed to see that one of the Targets by me (Long Island, NY) were still at 30%. They did have like 5 or 6 aisle of stuff, and as a pp said I hope they mark them down soon.

To be honest, I don't think I;ve ever seen 75% off toys, but maybe I just never caught them in time.

Where on Long Island.Last year the toys went to 75% off at my target but they were gone inlike a hour.

I don't care for it when people are greedy like that. It's one thing to plan ahead for birthdays, misc. holidays, gift closets, and of course the winter holidays, etc. But it's downright glutteny to buy like that when you know she's going to probably unload her items on Ebay or Craigslist.

I agree!! :yup:

Oh, I bet you just missed them. They do it twice a year, but they go FAST once they drop. Check back tomorrow if you can. I bet they'll go. And if they haven't done it when you go, if you go in the morning, walk around till you find the markdown team and ask if they know when they are doing them because you don't want to hang around if they won't be over there that day. Most are pretty nice.

Last year, I went in the morning to a store everyone thought for sure was 75% off because all the other stores nearby had already gone the week before. This lady, who had three young kids with her, started just throwing stuff into her cart like she had just won a timed shopping spree. She was frantically loading her two carts, paying no attention to her kids who were constantly wondering away. I would've not even attempted this unless my kids were in lockdown in the carts, too much stress! She was overflowing with toys, excessively. I overheard her phone conversation as she was walking away that she was going to make a killing on ebay with the stuff she just got. Well, to my surprise when I scanned an item (and I'm sure hers when she made it to checkout), it was still only 50%!!!! At least I only had to put back three things :razz:

Did they have any of the roasters left?

I think it was the only one. I checked the regular aisle in case there was more up high, like other people had said, but I didn't see any. They had a lot of clearance toys though, and I'm looking to get only a few things so hopefully if I don't get there until later in the day when it goes 75%, I'll still be okay. I know E. Colonial is where you usually go, how's their toy clearance section? Also, Hello Kitty stuff was marked as still only 30%, although I didn't have time to scan to verify.

Last year, I went in the morning to a store everyone thought for sure was 75% off because all the other stores nearby had already gone the week before. This lady, who had three young kids with her, started just throwing stuff into her cart like she had just won a timed shopping spree. She was frantically loading her two carts, paying no attention to her kids who were constantly wondering away. I would've not even attempted this unless my kids were in lockdown in the carts, too much stress! She was overflowing with toys, excessively. I overheard her phone conversation as she was walking away that she was going to make a killing on ebay with the stuff she just got. Well, to my surprise when I scanned an item (and I'm sure hers when she made it to checkout), it was still only 50%!!!! At least I only had to put back three things :razz:

That is hysterical. :sidesplit:clapping: Thank you for sharing. :) It serves people right when they are being greedy like that.

I was disappointed about the toys not being marked down further at the two I went to today. :( However, I did find a few random things. Corona galvanized bucket with 4 glasses and coasters - 4.98. The chocolate fountain thing was 9.98, but I went to a different target after work and the only one they had was marked 4.98. It was next to the fondue set and the boxes were very similar so I thought it was probably a mistake. When I got to the registers, it rang up $9, but I showed him the sticker so he gave it to me for $4. Woohoo! BUT my best find was a target.com return. A pink kitchenaid chef's chopper! $39.99 marked 9.96. I almost ignored it on the clearance shelf but when I saw it was the pink one, I knew it was from the Oct. sets. When I went to scan it, I found the "as is" sticker on the top. I really needed this so I was VERY excited about it!

About the toys though, does anyone have the DCPI for the Barbie guitar or the Bratz mansion? One store had a ton of the mansions one day, and now they are all almost gone. I'm wondering if they've got some of them stored in the back. I'm still trying to go back and find that shumanfamily website, but even once I find it, I still don't have the numbers. :( Anyone have them? It would be MUCH appreciated!!!!

I almost missed the sale last year! I went in the morning and it was 50% off I went home and about an hour later my sister called and said they were marking it down right then! She put stuff in her cart that she knew I wanted and I ran back down there! Hopefully my Target has gotten it together and has the mark down done in the morning!

Most people may know this but if you search for the item on the Target Web-Site, click on the link for the item. Then click on the tab that says "ADDITIONAL INFO". The catalog number, ASIN and DPCI are all listed there. I didn't realize this until about a week ago. *duh* :giggle:

I was disappointed about the toys not being marked down further at the two I went to today. :( However, I did find a few random things. Corona galvanized bucket with 4 glasses and coasters - 4.98. The chocolate fountain thing was 9.98, but I went to a different target after work and the only one they had was marked 4.98. It was next to the fondue set and the boxes were very similar so I thought it was probably a mistake. When I got to the registers, it rang up $9, but I showed him the sticker so he gave it to me for $4. Woohoo! BUT my best find was a target.com return. A pink kitchenaid chef's chopper! $39.99 marked 9.96. I almost ignored it on the clearance shelf but when I saw it was the pink one, I knew it was from the Oct. sets. When I went to scan it, I found the "as is" sticker on the top. I really needed this so I was VERY excited about it!

About the toys though, does anyone have the DCPI for the Barbie guitar or the Bratz mansion? One store had a ton of the mansions one day, and now they are all almost gone. I'm wondering if they've got some of them stored in the back. I'm still trying to go back and find that shumanfamily website, but even once I find it, I still don't have the numbers. :( Anyone have them? It would be MUCH appreciated!!!!

I was going to buy the Corona set for my brother for christmas when it was on sale on black Friday but he already had it!!

That is hysterical. :sidesplit:clapping: Thank you for sharing. :) It serves people right when they are being greedy like that.

I seriously doubt she put any of it back. She probably just left it at the checkout.

Any clue when the Sporting Good toys will be 75% off?

I would expect it this week either Thursday or Friday, but it depends a bit on whether they do it like the toys. I have been looking at a few of the things, and I notice there is significant variation in the % off and which items are on sale from store to store this go around. Seems like more variation than usual. But, I would still check this week. Thursday or Friday.

I seriously doubt she put any of it back. She probably just left it at the checkout.

I would be money you are correct on that. I would've loved to have seen her face when the cashier started ringing up items and she realized that items were yet to be 75% off. :yup:

Ok, so my kitchenaid chopper just got sweeter. I found a rebate form for 2008 that includes $5.00 back for my chopper! If I actually get the rebate then I'll only be out of pocket 4.96! That would be fabulous!!! I sent the one in for the toaster just last week. I found a red one after they'd clearanced them out a few months ago. It was just sitting on the shelf like it belonged there, but I knew it had already went 75% off, and when I scanned, sure enough it was. I got it for $17.xx, so if I get that rebate I'll have paid $7.xx! Gave it to my grandma for xmas since her toaster was older than her and not really working anymore.

Most people may know this but if you search for the item on the Target Web-Site, click on the link for the item. Then click on the tab that says "ADDITIONAL INFO". The catalog number, ASIN and DPCI are all listed there. I didn't realize this until about a week ago. *duh* :giggle:

I didn't know this! Thank you so much! VERY valuable info! You rock!!:guitarist