Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Just got back from Winter Park Target. Toys aren't 75%. But it was a great trip as I got the Rival Stainless Steel Roaster and a platter with silver stand for 75% off. And if anyone is looking for the Vino wine cooler, they had one for 75% off ($24.75). I missed the 90% Christmas, and they had nothing left. I also found the Cranium Pop game that came up Item Not Found in the toy clearance. They gave it to me for 75% off last price, $6.25. Is this what everyone else paid?

Horrible experience at Target yesterday. Was in there looking for a PS3 game for my DS' 16 birthday today. Well I decided to use my Electrasol tab coupons and was in the shampoo section checking to see if there were any good clearance deals I could use any of my coupons on, well there were two employees restocking the next aisle over and then I felt them behind me, so I turn around and the one employee says, "Move, I need to restock this shelf) I say, "Umm, excuse me? I happen to be shopping" She says, "Well all your doing is holding up a coupon looking to get something for nothing" Oh no!! I was mad, so the other girl with her is feeling pretty bad about the way this girl is talking to me and comes to my other side with some shampoo and says, "Excuse me, I'll just put these here until your done shopping" and leaves to the original aisle. The first girl won't let me stay there and actually moves my cart!! WTH!! Now I'm ready to have it out with her, but instead I say, "OK, you can have the aisle, I'll just go talk to your manager" and walk away!!! Now this girl was RUDE! She didn't say, "could you move, would you move" no, just "move"! So I go and immediatly ask for a manager and explain what had just happened and she was appalled. She actually said that she is a college student and also clips coupons and couldn't see how my trying to save a dollar and taking all the time in the world if I wanted merited her talking to me like that and that she would take care of it. Then she says, "let me get you some coupons...but, I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to get you to take something for nothing" and proceeded to give me 3 $3.00 off coupons on my Target visit!! I didn't even know they did this when you had a bad experience there. Needless to say, she was a great manager, but the employee needed some retraining big time. I could hear her talking to the other employee while I was wallking away about these "coupon people, like her sister and how they look like idiots to save a nickel" On that particular purchase I bought 2 Lysol toilet bowl cleaners, 2 Lysol spray bottles, 4 Electrasol tablets, 2 Fruity Pebble Post Cereals, 1 3-subject notebook and paid $6.19 OOP, so I guess my coupons saved me a little more than a nickel.

On a side note after my rant, I checked out the toy section and everything is still 30% off!!! There are so many clearanced out toys still they are spilling out into other sections like books and cds!! I did find a PS3 fall pro-football 2k8 game for $14.98 clearanced out!! Great price as it was originally $44.xx!!! DS will love. Used seperate purchase to use one of the $3.00 off coupons for the above episode and it came out to $12.xx with taxes!!!

As of 11 am Williamsburg, VA was not marked down. I gave up after almost 3 hours of waiting! :eyepoppin Somehow I kept the 2 month old and 2 year old entertained.

I just wanted to say I love Va!! We went to Colonial Williamsburg and Alexandria in Sept. such a beautiful state!!

I just got back from two Targets, Bedford,NH and Rt 101A in Nashua NH. No toys markdowns yet. I asked when and she said they don't know until the morning of the markdowns, was she lying ??? LOL In Bedford I found a bunch of Christmas stuff the y reshelved, more perfume, barbies, cranuim games, jammies...etc. I loaded the cart full all items scanned as Item not found...lol. When I got ot the register everything I had in my cart said Item not found, they started to give me the run around and I said I just bought more of this same stuff here Saturday at 90%..she said well it should be salvage now. And I said well then I guess you shouldn't have reshelved it then...they gave me the 90% on all of it it.

I got

2 cranuim games

1 Baby Phat perfuem set

1 2 pack jammie pant

1 barbie

1 kelly doll

1 cars toy

1 laser keychain

1 see and say jr

2 enchanted bath sets

Grand total $12.18

At the other Target they had silver ware marked down to $2.49, 7 piece frame sets $3.74, some random girls' clothes 75%. Vaccums are still only 15% !!

I will head back tomorrow morning to see if they have any toy markdowns.

Southaven and Colonial. Not everything is 75% - some are still 50% and the signs haven't changed...but the toys have.

thanks! i bet i can talk dh into running by colonial today... he's off and its not too far. any word on walnut grove or winchester?

Can anyone confirm the boxed sets of silver or gold banded mugs and cups in silver or gold boxes are part of the clearance along with the plates, flatware, etc? I've been eyeing the mugs but everytime I scan them, they come up full price os $19.99. They are located on the endcaps with the other red stickered clearance boexed partyware. I asked, very nicely, a markdown person about it (who was rather b*tchy); she just told me to just scan it.

thanks! i bet i can talk dh into running by colonial today... he's off and its not too far. any word on walnut grove or winchester?

Not yet. I am sure my friend (hey Rachael:g_hello:) will go there today and call me as soon as she gets there. I am going to Cordova at lunch and will post when I get back.

How was Des Moines for markdowns? Heard Mills Civic was still 30%. Ankeny is still 30%. Last year Ankeny was doing 75% at 8:oo a.m. on the second Wednesday. Our Wal Mart is across the highway and I just got a call that their isles are full of employees doing toy markdowns today... They are always about 2 weeks behind our Target for markdowns. This is SO frustrating! My Target people aren't saying a word.....

anybody frm glen allen va?

Went to the Forest Hill Target today, as of 11am still not marked down. I wish they would hurry up and mark down those B&D Pressure Washers!! Grrr....still $79.98 at that store for 2 weeks now!

ETA: I saw tons of employees with scanners tho.

Just got back from the 38th street/west side store in Indy and they had a whole aisle of 75% off toys. One side had a sign for 50 off but all the toys were marked 75 off! The toys were in a wierd aisle though and not with the toys? I got the princess my size throne for 12.xx, several barbies (cheetah girls and barbie something) for 2.xx and 3.xx, got a LPS toy for 2.xx, and that was all I bought. They had cabbage patch kids, my little pony dancing pony thingy, and a baby my little pony toy, but didn't want any of that stuff. Wasn't really looking for anything specific. There was still several toys only marked 30 off and a few 50 but didn't have time to check them over by the actual toy section.........

Went to the Forest Hill Target today, as of 11am still not marked down. I wish they would hurry up and mark down those B&D Pressure Washers!! Grrr....still $79.98 at that store for 2 weeks now!

ETA: I saw tons of employees with scanners tho.

i go to the one on broad street but i cant go there today till 5pm.l shall be there in the evening.

Okay so I have a question. What exactly do you say when you call your local Targets asking about the toy clearance? Do you ask for the toy department or just ask the whoever answers? I just want to make sure to get the most accurate information as the Target I am considering going to next is 1 1/2 hours away. Thanks in advance!!