Walgreens to go 90% off Dec 31

5peasinapod

The manager at a Walgreen's (NJ) was putting the christmas lights on a cart. I asked if he was moving them, he said, "Yes, upstairs." He said their corporate instructed them to remove all Christmas lights--I assume to put out next year for sale. The manager said this was the first year they were instructed to do this. Guess times are tight for Walgreens. :confused:

The manager at a Walgreen's (NJ) was putting the christmas lights on a cart. I asked if he was moving them, he said, "Yes, upstairs." He said their corporate instructed them to remove all Christmas lights--I assume to put out next year for sale. The manager said this was the first year they were instructed to do this. Guess times are tight for Walgreens. :confused:

The manager at our local Dollar General had to pull the lights too. They wouldn't let them sell them at clearance prices. :( Weird since other stuff is all clearanced.

Tons of stuff at my Walgreens in NC, but its going quick. 6.99 large christmas bags ringing up for .32, 5.99 boxes of chocolate covered almonds ringing up .42. The guy at register said WOW you saved $90 bucks. I paid 12.42. By the way, no more chocolate covered alomonds at my store hehehe.

Walgreens 75% off-first bought Children's dimetapp for 4.00 with 2.00 coupon and got 4.00 catalina...then

2 gift boxes Dale & Thomas Indiana popcorn (with 20.00 gift card) =4.99

2 bags M&M's at 75% off=.75

used 1.00 of M&M's and 4.00 off from Dimetapp

total = 1.80 oop saved 24.50 woohooo!!!

Just got back from Walgreens here in Des Moines, IA. 75% off and alot of the bathsets/lipgloss sets and perfume sets were going for that too. I got a make up set for my daughters b-day that was reg. $24.97 and I got it for $6.24. Also, my brother in law is a pharmacist there and all Walgreens employees get an additional 25% off today, so the employees will be cleaning house on alot of stuff I bet!!!!! 50sq. ft of wrap was $.49 and they had a TON of it. Sticker gift tags for $.24 and bags for close to nothing. Candy was cheap also.

Mine was 75% off today too. I just got some little things that I can use in my classroom (stickers, pencils, etc.) next year. But everything I got was like .12 each so that was great! Also got the Dimetapp but didn't know about the extra coupon until just now so I'm going to hit another Walgreens with that. :)

Mine were all 75% off today. I asked the manager about 90% and he told me they never went lower than 75%. I did end up getting a tinkerbell water globe for 4.00 and change. I don't understand why that was Christmas but hey it worked for me.

Was in my St. Louis Walgreens today and as I was perusing the aisle, here comes the manager changing the sticker signs from 50% off to 75% off...was able to get the $19.99 inflatables for $4.99..picked up the last three of a penguin, Snoopy, and a reindeer, also got the lighted candy canes (10 in each box) for $2.49 got two of those, the dog ornaments for $.69 for my little chihuahas, and the big lighted spheres (set of 3) for $2.49, as well as the singing bells for $2.49..oh and several rolls of the wrapping paper for $.49 and the ten pack of gift bags for $.99. Loved it, paid about $25.00 for all that stuff!!! Whoopie!!

At the store I went to Christmas was marked 75%, gift sets were marked 50%. BUT, as I was considering a few gifts sets, the cosmetics cashier told me they were actually 75% -Score! I picked up a few really cheap sets ($.83) for birthdays, along with 5 cute bracelets for $1.7x each. I showed the bracelets to my daugter, another customer thought I was talking to her, and she said "hey, don't take them all!". Also picked up wrapping paper, cards, ornaments and $1.00 combos snacks. Good prices

My store didn't have Dimetapp. They said it had been recalled with the children's cold medicine and they haven't been able to get it back in stock. Too bad, I was planning to have each kid buy one (3 total) with the coupons for $2 each. I wanted the $12.00 in RR.:(

Well, I didn't need dimetapp anyways. I would have given it to a friend.

Still happy I went to out tonight!