Walgreens Sale 12/12-12/15 (YMMV?)

JennyWLS

In my newspaper yesterday there was a Walgreens ad insert as well as a full page ad in section A that had things not included on the full color insert.

The coupons that were in Section A not found in the insert are:

Walgreens batteries (8pk AA or AAA, 4pk C or D, 2pk 9volt) for $1.99, limit 3

Pepsi products (2 liters) 4/$3

I am all about the batteries :D

Has anyone heard that the remote control helicopters in the ad have been recalled? I bought one for my bf's brother for Christmas. However, someone broke into their house on Tuesday and stole all the presents under the tree (including all the ones I had just dropped off on Sunday.)

I have been calling different locations, but no one has it in stock. At the last store I called, they said they had them but could not sell them due to a recall.

Any info would be great?

Because of trash breaking in seeing presents under a tree, we never put anything under the tree till a day or two before Christmas. Always keep your blinds closed as much as you want to show off that pretty tree. Temptation for burglars is never good. I sure hate that for them this time of year to be violated like that.

The blinds were shut and every door locked. We think they were really after the computer system in the next room, and the presents were just icing on the cake. They didn't even take all of the presents. (Ironically, they stole a pair of pajama pants but left behind an ipod docking station.)

Yes they have been recalled. There has been no date as to when they will be released. They were back in this weeks ad and they are still not available. Have you talked to the store mgr about the situation? Maybe he/she can take your name and call you when they come back off recall. This is the second time the mfg has done this. I am sorry about the loss. People are very mean this time of year. :(

I hope you have a Merry Christmas. I will try and keep you posted.

My Walgreens did not even have them for sale on BF becuase they got notice the night before that they were being recalled and had to take them off the shelves. There was a couple very unhappy customers. Yet...if they had bought them and then recalled, I don't think they would have been very happy either! I was glad they got notice so I didn't have to deal with returning them and such.

I talked to the store manager. He admitted that they have them in the back room of the store, but when they are rung up at the register, it says recall and will not allow them to sell them. i might check back after Christmas to see if the recall has been lifted or a replacement is available. I also bought one for my bf and another for my brother. They were with me when I bought them and were looking forward to flying them on Christmas Day.

I'm going to hold onto theirs for a while. On the local news, they reported that a higher end helicopter had been recalled but not the Walgreens one. I wonder if Walgreens is pulling them as a precaution.