remote car starter

oneannm

what is a good price?

we have a chain of auto accessories stores - Yipes Stripes - and I had them put in a remote car starter in 2000 for about $200. It still works fine, except my husband drives that car now, so I still have to go outside to start mine :(

Where can I find a remote car starter for a good price?

And what kind of place does the installation?

It's the only item on hubby's wishlist.

Thanks

Overstock.com has one. Not sure what it is like, but my husband bought me one 6 years ago for about $60 and installed it himself. I would think most garages would be able to install one.

Here is the link for the one at Overstock.

Avital AVISTART4100 Remote Starter

Compare at:

Today's Price:

You Save:

Catalog #:

$99.99

$48.00

$51.99 (52%)

Product Description:

Avital AVISTART 4100 allows you start your car without going out into the cold

Auto accessory is both clone safe and code-hopping safe

Starter also serves as a keyless entry system and light flasher

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Avital-AVISTART4100-Remote-Starter/2665269/product.html?fp=f&siteid=hyldPsfFfCo-U9LPhJyDIs_2XATYmBg8xA&cid=124978

Sears sell them in the store or online, and they might install them in their auto center.

Audiovox Prestige Remote Start

Sears item# 05733729000 Mfr. model# APS901

Overview Specifications Options Reviews(0)

(2) 1-Button mini code-hopping transmitters

Up to 1,000 feet of range

Factory alarm bypass

Parking light flasher

Can be used with gasoline or diesel engines

Push and hold unlock

Glass mounted superheterodyne antenna/receiver

Selectable 20/15/10 or 5 minute remote start run time

Two channel receiver

Safe start RF control (Double push of the transmitter)

On-Board ignition relays

Tach signal learning circuit

RF programmable

Car finder mode (Flashes parking lights)

Telematics port; Transponder port; DBI port

__Loading

$59.99 $69.99

Save $10.00

thru 01/05/08

wow, that is so cool. I never even knew remote starter existed. I guess (?) people use it to start their cars to warm them up before they in them in the morning? I am so behind the times. My car/truck (mercury mountaineer) is 2 years old, but husband gets a new car every year. I have never been in his car because mine is bigger and he doesn't allow spilled drinks! (his is an infiniti). He never tells me about options or anything because to him it's just a car but I wonder if his has remote start. He wouldn't use it if it did, I was just wondering. He also has an older boy truck (chevy?ford? I don't know?) for the weekends when he takes off the professional attire and turns into a real boy! Heck, I just found out that mine sets the seat back to my specifications (after my daughter changes it to hers). Wow, this remote start thing sounds so cool. I don't want one, I just don't know why I have never heard of it.

wow, that is so cool. I never even knew remote starter existed. I guess (?) people use it to start their cars to warm them up before they in them in the morning? I am so behind the times. My car/truck (mercury mountaineer) is 2 years old, but husband gets a new car every year. I have never been in his car because mine is bigger and he doesn't allow spilled drinks! (his is an infiniti). He never tells me about options or anything because to him it's just a car but I wonder if his has remote start. He wouldn't use it if it did, I was just wondering. He also has an older boy truck (chevy?ford? I don't know?) for the weekends when he takes off the professional attire and turns into a real boy! Heck, I just found out that mine sets the seat back to my specifications (after my daughter changes it to hers). Wow, this remote start thing sounds so cool. I don't want one, I just don't know why I have never heard of it.

Krissy----------also would work for cooling car down with ac before you start you journey! Food for thought!

One thing to watch, though. We were going to put one in my dd's Explorer for Christmas. Since it has anti-theft on it, the installation jumps up to $200 minimum from the same shop that put mine in.

this is true. It also voids your factory warranty (at least thats what they told me years ago) but the shop I went to has a lifetime warranty on their work

I paid 209 for mine and it included installation.(Circuit city) Make sure it has a kill start though.(shuts off if no key when brake depressed)good anti theft. Also it has life warrenty. If I sell my car, they will remove it and install it in my new vehicle for free.

I bought my hubby one at Sams Club for $80 -- it's a bulldog, but when his remote crapped out on him, we couldn't get anyone at the company to save our lives -- it was like they'd gone out of business. He finally bought a new one on ebay and swapped out the remotes...but we do love it. I had one on my Saturn for 4yrs and miss it SOOOOOOOO... :(