Buy 3 Get 1 free - all video games starts December 18th - Toys R Us

jmckito

No but it doesn't hurt to ask. Some times you get a manager who really wants to keep the customer happy so he/she may bend the rules. I wouldn't count on it though.

So if I have already bought 3 I can get a PM and get a third one free?:eyepoppin

I bought the buy 2, get 1 free. One game come to find out is best if you have a previous version. Didn't have the previous version, so took unopened game with receipt to exchange for another game which was cheaper. Yes to trade down. No exchanges or returns on any electronics outside of 45 day window NO EXceptions! I said trade down, unopened with receipt within 48 days. Manager said NO exceptions. I said the return policy was ridiculos for toy store with such a return policy around Christmas shopping holidays. He told me to leave his store or he would have me arrested. Look it was a video game. I wasn't cussing, yelling nor was I in his face. Leave or he would have me arrested. No way will I ever drive in that parking lot let alone step foot in ToyRus. Buy at ToyRus at your own risk.

Really? Is this for all games? Because when I viewed the ad OL, it seemed that the offer only applied for certain games.

On page 22& 23 of the ad for this week. It says Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. All THQ Games for PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, DS and GBA systems.

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off All Activision Games for PS2, PS3, XB360 and Wii.

So I guess it's only on Activision and THQ games, whatever those are. Sorry for the confusion.

I bought the buy 2, get 1 free. One game come to find out is best if you have a previous version. Didn't have the previous version, so took unopened game with receipt to exchange for another game which was cheaper. Yes to trade down. No exchanges or returns on any electronics outside of 45 day window NO EXceptions! I said trade down, unopened with receipt within 48 days. Manager said NO exceptions. I said the return policy was ridiculos for toy store with such a return policy around Christmas shopping holidays. He told me to leave his store or he would have me arrested. Look it was a video game. I wasn't cussing, yelling nor was I in his face. Leave or he would have me arrested. No way will I ever drive in that parking lot let alone step foot in ToyRus. Buy at ToyRus at your own risk.

They wouldn't even give you your money back since you had a receipt and the box wasn't open? I would call corporate and give them a piece of my mind and give them the manager's name as well. That is just crazy. Also call the BBB. I have heard that TRU has a terrible return policy and I hate buying things there b/c they are always way over priced.

Similar thing happened to me. I bought during the B2G1 and went back a week later to exchange one of the games only to be told that there are no exchanges for games bought during the promotion. The game was unopened and I had the original receipt. Manager would not swap it so I called the 1-800 customer service and they sided with the manager and went so far as to say even if I had given it as a gift and that person came in with a gift receipt they would not allow them to exchange it. It all centers around the promotion. I've made phone calls and sent emails to no satisfaction.

I don't know of a way to avoid the 45 day time frame, but if you want to return/exchange a game when you buy it on a promotion, you need to return it with the gift receipt and not the one with the prices actually printed on it. You won't ever be able to get cash back, but they will offer you a gift card or exchange. I have done this several times at my tru.