Buying Guitar Hero III online?

kubla77

Hi folks,

I'm trying to buy a guitar hero III bundle (comes with guitar) for my brother for Christmas. I can't find a website that sells them online and will ship them for a reasonable cost. (They are on "sale" at Amazon for some ridiculous prices) I am not really sure why this is. Does anyone know? And better yet: has anyone found a site that ships them? (free shipping would be AMAZING ;) )

Thanks for your help!

I tried getting the circuit city one online, it says sold out. My brother is across the country, so I'd really rather get it online and ship it for a REASONABLE PRICE.

The ps2, ps3, and wii versions are relatively easy to get, but NOT the 360 version. It seems to be almost universally sold out both online and in stores.

I wonder why that is? :confused:

I have seen them here and there in my area, periodically in the brick and mortar stores. I'm not interested in reselling them, due to their size, so I haven't been picking up any.

I wonder if it would be worth it to try and setup a "help out another member" thread. I'm sure most of us here have PayPal accounts. It's just a matter of if it's going to be worth shipping costs.

Or would it be too big of a problem, and would there end up being situations where once you've arranged to get one from someone, suddenly they show up in your area on sale.

Just talking out loud.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the tips, but unfortunately, both Guitarcenter.com and redoctane.com are out of stock... the Red Octane website says they won't get them until January 2008 (tentatively)!

I decided to go the B & M route and after unsuccessfully trying four stores, I tried Gamestop and they had JUST received a shipment (it wasn't even on the floor yet), so I finally got it! :D

For anyone else who is trying to get it, every version of GH3 is pretty easy to find in stores, EXCEPT for the 360 version. It seems that the manufacturers "ran out" (though this does seem kinda fishy to me... :P). If you were planning on getting this for someone for Christmas, I suggest you try to find it immediately!

Now, I just have to figure out how to ship this thing. :tongue1: