I messed up on my sons Christmas gift

copados1993

Well I realized about an hour ago I made a mistake on one of my DS gifts. My husband had suggested to me that I get our DS the new game Rockband for his XBOX 360. He had heard some great things about it from others. So about a week ago, I ordered it and it had already arrived. I never bothered to read the outside of the game, I just put it away with my Christmas stuff. In the mean time, I had basically finished everything for our kids minus stocking stuff and a couple of other things for DD. As far as I was concerened, our DS was done though.......until I was on the computer a bit ago and read something about the new game and realized that you also need to buy the guitar or drum set....another 80.00 plus tax!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!:eyepoppin I could shoot myself for NOT reading about it before I ordered it. I would have still gotten it, but I would not have gotten a couple other things that I got a couple of days ago...UGH!!!!! Am I the only persn who does something like this........:eek:

Yikes! So sorry! I hate when I do goofy stuff.

If he has Guitar Hero II or III he can use the guitar from that instead. I think I read that the instruments won't be available by themselves until February. But, if you get Rock Band Special Edition, that comes with guitar, drums, and microphone for $169. They are a little tricky to find, but I think it could be done.

Good luck!

Yikes! So sorry! I hate when I do goofy stuff.

If he has Guitar Hero II or III he can use the guitar from that instead. I think I read that the instruments won't be available by themselves until February. But, if you get Rock Band Special Edition, that comes with guitar, drums, and microphone for $169. They are a little tricky to find, but I think it could be done.

Good luck!

He does have the Guitar Hero II but I didn't realize that you can use that. Are you positive that it wil work? If so, that would save me money for now. His birthday is the following month and then I could get the drums for that instead. :yup:

I asked that question because I got my son Guitar Hero 3 to go with the Xbox we are giving him and I was told the guitar is not compatible with Rockband. I have since pre-ordered another guitar which is coming out in February to go with the Rockband. I think this is really stupid because he will have a guitar for PS2 Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero 3 guitar and a guitar for Rockband. WHere am I to keep all these guitars?

I asked that question because I got my son Guitar Hero 3 to go with the Xbox we are giving him and I was told the guitar is not compatible with Rockband. I have since pre-ordered another guitar which is coming out in February to go with the Rockband. I think this is really stupid because he will have a guitar for PS2 Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero 3 guitar and a guitar for Rockband. WHere am I to keep all these guitars?

I think they gave you bad info:

Any combination of instruments can play in quick play co-op, or Band World Tour, of course. Solo Tour and Solo Quickplay are also available if you can't round anyone up. But if you have two of any instrument, you can play in Tug of War and Score Duel. Guitar Hero guitar controllers work, and any USB mic will work too, such as the Xbox Live headset.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/11/28/110122.php

yeah the people that gave you that information got it backwards..the Rock Band guitar wont work with Guitar Hero. But If you use the GH guitar for Rock Band you are losing a few features like extra fret buttons used for freestyle solo sections in songs and an effects switch.

yeah the people that gave you that information got it backwards..the Rock Band guitar wont work with Guitar Hero. But If you use the GH guitar for Rock Band you are losing a few features like extra fret buttons used for freestyle solo sections in songs and an effects switch.

So the Guitar Hero guitar cannot play completely with Rock Band, there are features that are needed to play Rock Band. I know if I did not get the guitar for each game, DS would be having a fit if he could not play correctly. He played ROck Band and Guitar Hero 3 in BB the other day and was able to get really far into Rock Band, and he was already on expert with GH3. I figure at the rate he goes he will get thru the entire GH3 within the first 2 weeks after he gets it. He has already gotten thru the entire PS2 Guitar Hero 1 & 2. The only reason he has not gotten thru the other PS2 game 80's is because he has not gotten it yet. Those are the 1st games he will be playing for his Birthday and Christmas.

So the Guitar Hero guitar cannot play completely with Rock Band, there are features that are needed to play Rock Band. I know if I did not get the guitar for each game, DS would be having a fit if he could not play correctly. He played ROck Band and Guitar Hero 3 in BB the other day and was able to get really far into Rock Band, and he was already on expert with GH3. I figure at the rate he goes he will get thru the entire GH3 within the first 2 weeks after he gets it. He has already gotten thru the entire PS2 Guitar Hero 1 & 2. The only reason he has not gotten thru the other PS2 game 80's is because he has not gotten it yet. Those are the 1st games he will be playing for his Birthday and Christmas.

yeah I am the same way, I have GH3 and still want the Rock Band bundle for the entire experience.

The GH2 or 3 guitar does everything you need it to for rock band. the other stuff is just extra and nice to have. It doesnt do anything. Neither i, DH, or his friends have used any of the "special features" on the rock band guitar. I would really recommend the special edition box just because it is cheaper in the long run (plus DH HAD to have to the drums). Oh, and just to let you know, the original guitars that shipped with the rock band bundle are breaking. I'm really nice to my stuff and mine broke. EA is aware of the problem and is sending replacement guitars to exchange. Ones that shipped after the first two weeks i think are fine. So.... those who bought it already should go to ea's website to exchange the guitar before christmas! HTH!