Possible NFL Network Comcast deal! (Very YMMV)

alimfp

This was posted on another board. Apparently the VP of Comcast (for Indianapolis area) called into ESPN Radio about the Packers vs. Cowboys game tonight. People are upset because it's only on the NFL Network tonight, so maybe 30% of the people in America can see it.

So Mark Apple, the VP, called in and said for Comcast customers to call in and ask for two months of NFL Network for free.

So I called. The lady had no idea what I was talking about and said sorry. So I called back a bit later, this time though, I chose the option during the automated part to get a service added on to my cable TV. I told the guy about the Packers vs. Cowboys game and how this VP was on ESPN Radio saying to call in for two months for free. He checked and I got!..

I got six months of NFL Network PLUS 190 channels (we got 70 channels before) for $2 extra per month. That's IT! Not free, but a big deal for us as DH and I wanted more channels but were too cheap, lol.

1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)

I just suggest going to the part in the automated service to add on something to your TV. I went to basic customer service first, and that's the lady who told me she wouldn't do it.

Funny, but my husband had the EXACT same info as alimfp... down to the guy's name :)

I called Comcast and went through CS; the guy saw the 2 mo. free deal, but was unable to apply it to my account, so instead he added the $4.95 charge, but is giving me a $5 credit each month for 12 months!

Definitely YMMV, but definitely worth a try!

Joanne

grrrrrr no comcast here....no nfl network either......I am sooooo ticked I am missing this game......will have to settle for updates on the computer.....WHAAAAA

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I *love* your avatar.. :blush:

grrrrrr no comcast here....no nfl network either......I am sooooo ticked I am missing this game......will have to settle for updates on the computer.....WHAAAAA

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DId you speak with them, or jsut dont have them?? Im still on hold the girl is checking.....

<---keeping fingers crossed

Comcrap said my channels would show up in half an hour. It's been over 45 min and nadda. Going to call in at 4:15 if nothing by then and ask wth is going on. LOL.

call now!!! They did mine as I was on the phone with them :D

Thanks so much for the heads up!!! You should win the wii for this!!! LoL

call now!!! They did mine as I was on the phone with them :D

Thanks so much for the heads up!!! You should win the wii for this!!! LoL

I called. The lady got on the phone and said, "Go Cowboys!" and I said, "No!" and we both laughed. But anyway, she said there's like 800 signals trying to get through my area right now (to update others services as well!). So she said I should have the channel by game time. YAHOO! :D

To update..

I wanted to get my Dad this deal, not for the NFL Network (he doesn't care about that) but the multiple channels. So I called in and acted as if I were his wife, I said my sister got this deal an hour ago and could we get it?

So I got my Dad the same deal - six months of 190 channels for only $1.05 extra per month, PLUS an upgrade to his internet package for free for three months. I'll just need to remember to call in and cancel these for him at the appropriate times. ;)

To update..

I wanted to get my Dad this deal, not for the NFL Network (he doesn't care about that) but the multiple channels. So I called in and acted as if I were his wife, I said my sister got this deal an hour ago and could we get it?

So I got my Dad the same deal - six months of 190 channels for only $1.05 extra per month, PLUS an upgrade to his internet package for free for three months. I'll just need to remember to call in and cancel these for him at the appropriate times. ;)

Thats so GREAT!!!! I didnt get that looks like I have to call again...LOL*

My friends all got it too...we all love you....hahahahaahah :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I am talking to the lady right now she has no idea and is sending it over to her supervior right now. To see if he knows anything about it. Hopefully he does!!!!

Tell them your sister called in awhile ago and got six months of 190 channels including NFL Network for $2 extra per month. See what they say. They may offer something similar if that specific deal isn't available for you. ;)

SO what they ended up doing was putting in on my account for how. Checking into it tomorrow and going to call me back about it. So i have it for now but i might be cancelling it tomorrow if I cant get it for free. The lady in the sevice dept. said she cant credit the account it has to be the billing dep. So she was super nice and so I dont think she was just saying that. We will see tomorrow.

Well I called and they even mention it on the beginning voice part. I wasn't able to get it free, what I got was alot of sports channels (nothing my hubby will watch, like golf channell and soccor channel) included with the NFL package for $1.99 a month for the first 2 months then it will be $4.95. The man I spoke with said that this was the promo they are running right now. Not bad and I set my calender already to cancell in Febuary.