Santa Letters

elena_398

My daughter who is 7 is still a firm believer. Today she asked me if I reminded to ask Santa if he was sending her a letter this year. (she thinks we "call" Santa each week to let him know how she is doing in school and at the house). It totally slipped my mind to do a Santa Letter..... Instead of buying one off ebay (which I usually do), is there a way to make your own or a site that is trusted to make sure it arrives? I remember last year several sites were put up, but I didn't save it. Thanks!

Where I live, the post office has a Santa mailbox that is red located right inside of the post office. When I worked for Head Start, we would let the children send their own out. This allowed them to get into their own letter (even if it was not readable, we filled in for the children what they told us it said). The only requirement is that you put your return address on the envelope. The children receive the letters at home in their own mailbox. It is a great experience if you can find a Santa mailbox.

Hope this helps

Jeri:coffeetim

I like to make my own Santa Letter on the computer...I print the graphics myself but you can buy Christmas paper at Walmart. Then I mail it to the REAL North Pole and they will mail it back to you FREE (only 2 stamps) with the REAL North Pole postmark.

Instructions:

http://www.usps.com/communications/news/press/2006/pr06_082.htm

Why didn't I ever know about this???? Thanks!!!!

Last year one of the Santa sites that sell you the "Santa evidence kit" gave me an idea to do that myself.

Went to the dollar store bought a pair of reading glasses, then headed over to Michaels and asked in the framing dept. for a pair of white gloves (they use them for matting pictures) they gave them to me for free.

So last year I left the glasses, white gloves and a thank you note for my granddaughter. She was thrilled, so this year we will leave the gloves and glasses out for Santa to take and a reminder not to leave them anywhere again.

She's very excited.

Thought I would share this idea with you. It only ended up costing me a dollar, instead of 10 or so bucks from the santa site.