Board Games/rebates

BellaVita

I bought three board games assuming they would be $1.99 after the rebate anyway I am just not getting ready to fill the rebates out and its a 30 visa prepaid card? Also I bought three and it says only one household. so now I have to use two different addresses?

I haven't filled out any of my rebate slips yet, but I'm a little concerned about the fact that most are Visa gift cards. I think the mixer rebate will be cash, but I know I will have at least $30 on the portable DVD player, $10 on a Mr. Coffee, and $4.00 on the board games which are supposed to be in the form of a Visa gift card. I know that money is money, but if these cards are anything like the one I've been dealing with lately, I will definitely avoid those rebates next year.

Someone gave my mother a $100 Visa gift card for Christmas last year, and she couldn't figure out how to use it. When I found out in May that she still hadn't used it, I figured it was her age catching up with her, so I bought it from her, thinking that I would use it at the gas pump. The first time I tried at a Sunoco station and selected debit, but it asked for a pin number which didn't exist, so I put it through again and selected credit and it worked. The next time (at a different station) I selected credit first and it didn't work, so I selected debit and it asked for a pin, so I cancelled it and paid with cash. The same thing happened the third time, so I took the card inside and, after about 15 minutes, the cashier finally managed to put it through as a credit which I had to sign for. That left $31 on the card, but it was such a hassle that I never tried again at a gas station. After trying several times at retail stores and having it declined, I finally went to customer service at Walmart and they said that the cashier has to put the dollar amount in manually and put it through as a credit. So, the next time I was in Walmart, I told the cashier and was hoping to empty the card. Unfortunately, that didn't work because I didn't know the exact balance that was on it. Apparently, they have no way of seeing the balance, and when they put the amount in manually, it will be declined if it is one penny over the balance on the card. So I used another $20 from the card that time, and then went to the website shown on the card and had to register in order to put the card number in and check the balance. Then, the next time I was in Walmart, I told the cashier what customer service had told me about putting the amount in manually and told her the exact balance on the card, hoping to finally get rid of it for good. After about 20 minutes of her trying to put it through over and over, I finally paid cash and left with the $11 still on the card. I think that time it was the cashier's fault because she kept swiping the card rather than manually putting in $11 as a partial payment, but still, if the cashiers don't know how to do it, there is only so much the customer can do.

I just recently found out that my niece has been dealing with the exact same problem with a card she got last Christmas so, after hearing that I was having the same problem too, we are now spreading the word to our family and friends that cash is a better gift option, especially for my mother. I bought these items without realizing that the rebates were gift cards so I will keep my fingers crossed that they work better, but if they don't, I will definitely pay more attention to all rebates from now on.

I haven't filled out any of my rebate slips yet, but I'm a little concerned about the fact that most are Visa gift cards. I think the mixer rebate will be cash, but I know I will have at least $30 on the portable DVD player, $10 on a Mr. Coffee, and $4.00 on the board games which are supposed to be in the form of a Visa gift card. I know that money is money, but if these cards are anything like the one I've been dealing with lately, I will definitely avoid those rebates next year.

Someone gave my mother a $100 Visa gift card for Christmas last year, and she couldn't figure out how to use it. When I found out in May that she still hadn't used it, I figured it was her age catching up with her, so I bought it from her, thinking that I would use it at the gas pump. The first time I tried at a Sunoco station and selected debit, but it asked for a pin number which didn't exist, so I put it through again and selected credit and it worked. The next time (at a different station) I selected credit first and it didn't work, so I selected debit and it asked for a pin, so I cancelled it and paid with cash. The same thing happened the third time, so I took the card inside and, after about 15 minutes, the cashier finally managed to put it through as a credit which I had to sign for. That left $31 on the card, but it was such a hassle that I never tried again at a gas station. After trying several times at retail stores and having it declined, I finally went to customer service at Walmart and they said that the cashier has to put the dollar amount in manually and put it through as a credit. So, the next time I was in Walmart, I told the cashier and was hoping to empty the card. Unfortunately, that didn't work because I didn't know the exact balance that was on it. Apparently, they have no way of seeing the balance, and when they put the amount in manually, it will be declined if it is one penny over the balance on the card. So I used another $20 from the card that time, and then went to the website shown on the card and had to register in order to put the card number in and check the balance. Then, the next time I was in Walmart, I told the cashier what customer service had told me about putting the amount in manually and told her the exact balance on the card, hoping to finally get rid of it for good. After about 20 minutes of her trying to put it through over and over, I finally paid cash and left with the $11 still on the card. I think that time it was the cashier's fault because she kept swiping the card rather than manually putting in $11 as a partial payment, but still, if the cashiers don't know how to do it, there is only so much the customer can do.

I just recently found out that my niece has been dealing with the exact same problem with a card she got last Christmas so, after hearing that I was having the same problem too, we are now spreading the word to our family and friends that cash is a better gift option, especially for my mother. I bought these items without realizing that the rebates were gift cards so I will keep my fingers crossed that they work better, but if they don't, I will definitely pay more attention to all rebates from now on.

i work at kohls and let me tell you that they hire so many new people the week of bf the new people hardly know how to run the register

anyways

this is how it works you Do have to know the amount on your card... we are not VISA or MC or american express so if you have $11.00 on your card and your purchase totals $50.00 you have to pay 39.00 by cash or check first and then we can use the card for the balance, or else your card will be declined. And no you can NOT use 2 credit cards for one transaction i dont know any retailer who does this. but the customers always right right??????

Guest RealLivePrinces

When I've received Visa giftcards, I go and buy a giftcard to wherever I want to use it and then use that giftcard. It's one more step but saves a huge hassle.

Smart, smart woman.