Need advice on how to return Geek Squad Package!

Jasonlh1

Got to BB 4:30PM. Got a Sony Viao. I also wanted a Toshiba. I got a Toshiba with Geek Squad AVS package. Total was $369.99. I tried to go back later and return the Geek Squad upgrade and CSR said NO! I would have to return the laptop completely. I told him that if I could not get money back for GS, I would wait until 1/31/2008 to return the unit for a full refund. I even told him that I would store the unit unopened in my hot and humid garage for two months! He said that BB will return the item to Manufactuer and BB would get a full credit! How do I get around this?

Well, if you waited until 1/31/2008 to return everything then you'd really be out of luck, as laptops have a 14 day return period. So with their holiday return policy, you'd have 14 days from Christmas. I'd suggest you keep trying. One CSR will say no, but another might say yes. But it will likely be a difficult fight, as GS services are high profit sales. They're not going to want to lose their profit margin. There's almost no profit from the actual computer. It's the services and accessories where they make their money.

Got to BB 4:30PM. Got a Sony Viao. I also wanted a Toshiba. I got a Toshiba with Geek Squad AVS package. Total was $369.99. I tried to go back later and return the Geek Squad upgrade and CSR said NO! I would have to return the laptop completely. I told him that if I could not get money back for GS, I would wait until 1/31/2008 to return the unit for a full refund. I even told him that I would store the unit unopened in my hot and humid garage for two months! He said that BB will return the item to Manufactuer and BB would get a full credit! How do I get around this?

What good would it do for you to claim you'll store it in your garage. Did you think the associate was going to say "ok, well, then you can return it. I really don't want you to return the laptop after storing it in your 'hot and humid' garage". I think it's hilarious that the associate called you out on it.

Pretty sure that in a package deal you can't return one piece of the package for retail price to make a better deal on the rest. I'd say you're probably SOL..

This is the truth, not sure how people think they can return unwanted portions of a package. I couldnt go and buy a PS3 that comes with free movies only to return the movies to the store, it doesnt work that way. Now if I wanted to take them to Walmart and return them after Christmas without a receipt then I could but unfortunatly a GS service isnt a physical item obviously.