How many in line already? Post status reports & pics here!

d2p

Ok, -4 degrees here (says feels like -19) so I am guessing no one is standing outside of any stores. I don't think here in Montana we get the early crowds, I think everyone shows up just before the doors open unless its a store that is open 24 hrs (we don't have Best Buy, Circuit city, Kohl's)

Sure wish i was in WI right now i want a backpack! lol Its 12:am here in Fresno, Ca. getting ready to head to toys r us in about an hour best Buy has about 200 people in line news said they've been there since early this am! Nobody at TRU or Walmart YET lol

I'm thinking of driving by in a few more hours once people start lining up and handing out free GottaDeal backpacks :P

:cool: good idea!

I'm heading out here shortly. Just have 2 major things that I have to get (old navy free MP3 player with $20 purchase & dora pony at TRU). It's 28* here burrr. I can't imagine standing outside. Good thing I've got the majority of my shopping done on-line, thanks to to gottadeal ;)

I'm jealous of you squeak! Let us know what you get...

I was a Sales Manager at Best Buy for 3 years until moving to a 9-5 job away from retail a few months ago. As a management team, we spent several 60-70 hour weeks leading up to "Green Friday" (as we called it) planning and prepping. There is SOO much more that goes into the preparation than most people realize.

When the tickets were handed out and then the door opens a couple hours later...that is the BIGGEST adrenaline rush I've ever experienced. You have such contol of everything normally, but when those doors open at 5AM, its just an amazing high to try to direct hundreds of people every several minutes. Its pandemonium. But 98-99% of the customers leave happy, which made it so worth it. Part of me misses it, part of me will enjoy being a shopper rather than an employee!

There's no way I could have camped out all night tonight. The forecasted low here is 8 degress. So I scaled back the plan to camp out at BB and decided to stay on base and go to the BX on base. They did have a story on the 9pm news about people waiting at BB. One guy they interviewed had been there since 8am and is buying the laptop. They all looked COLD!!!

This is in Rapid City, South Dakota BTW.

I'm hoping Target isn't this crazy either in MI. I want the Olevia TV too and am curious as to how i'm going to get it to and out of my vehicle! LOL

Im trying to decide how its going to get in my vehicle lol. I don't really want to put it in the backseat for fear of it being stolen so im just hoping its fits in the trunk. Anyone know if the Bloomington, In Target has a line yet? I'm getting ready to head out. I just hope they open the enterance from inside the malll at the same time they do the main doors because its a lot closer to the tv's.

I went to Walmart first to price match a bunch of items (24 hour).

After that, headed to Macy's. Got there around 5:40am. Inside mall- roughly 100 people 0r so milling around waiting for the doors to slide open.

Then went to my Walgreens. Supposed to be 24 hours, but they closed to get items ready. I was there 6:37am and I was roughly 25th in line.