Two of same doorbuster on same credit card?

pointerspots

Not sure if there's a thread that addresses this (if so please point me there), but I have a question regarding the one-item per person payment policy...Last year when my husband and I were paying, we each had 1 of a couple of the same items and the cashier told us that he was not able to ring up the duplicate items on the same credit card even doing separate transactions or at separate registers...he said the registers would decline it and he wouldn't even test it for us so we had to use two different cards. I'm wondering if that is actually true though? I have a BB credit card and my husband has a duplicate with his name on it...I'm wondering if we both are able to get a doorbuster laptop if we would be able to pay at different registers using our own respective cards for the same BB credit card account?

Not sure if there's a thread that addresses this (if so please point me there), but I have a question regarding the one-item per person payment policy...Last year when my husband and I were paying, we each had 1 of a couple of the same items and the cashier told us that he was not able to ring up the duplicate items on the same credit card even doing separate transactions or at separate registers...he said the registers would decline it and he wouldn't even test it for us so we had to use two different cards. I'm wondering if that is actually true though? I have a BB credit card and my husband has a duplicate with his name on it...I'm wondering if we both are able to get a doorbuster laptop if we would be able to pay at different registers using our own respective cards for the same BB credit card account?

Welcome to the community! I have been shopping BF for 5 years and never have heard of that before. If you think it may happen to you again then I would take several cards with you or bring cash.

I go with my wife... I totally agree with one ticket per doorbuster per person, but never heard of the same credit card being a problem.

What if you had gone with a friend and she (gulp) forgot her money and you said she could put it on your card and just pay you back...

I had many experiences last year where they did not want me to use the same cc. So my wife had one and i had a different one. They don't care if your a family as long as there are different cc accounts then they can't say anything. This year they are not as strict. last year some items were "one per household" so we had to use different cards (one has a PO box for it and the other our home so we are safe either way.

This year I've not yet experienced the same thing. Last year the launch of Wii and PS3 made for stricter rules. Now, the stores aren't doing well and it looks like it will be a record no show for even good deals. People aren't spending this year on average. We're in retail and marketing and this is going to be a tough year (except for lower discount type store like Walmart that seem to do well during tight economic times). Macy's and such aren't so lucky. The ultra high end stores will do okay.

theywill only give you one per person.... even if you have 5 tickets they won't give you 5. as for the credit card thing i never heard anythiing like that, just dont let them know your husband and wife, pretend your friends and let the cashier swipe the card, it will probablly work, and you will see he was just bsing you