Portable DVD Players on BF?

left210

We have used an off brand portable DVD player with two screens for the car for gosh 5 years or more with no problem. We paid more than twice what it would cost now but they have been well worth the cost. These have been surrounded by small children, operated by young children and set up by young children and never a problem. The prices now are so much better. We are actually looking for another one this year to use for camping, etc. I'm hoping to get a bigger screen...maybe a 10". I may try to get the one at Target since we have mp3 players and don't really need it to play MP3. Good luck.

Kohl's will have one for $49.99. Looks like the same one we bought last year. Comes with carrying case. Ours is still going strong.

From what I can tell that ad says its a portable DVD player KIT. I'm not sure it has the DVD player with it. Just the case, remote, ear buds and car adapter. I know the picture has a player in it but the text and title suggest it actually doesn't

I need a portable DVD player that can operate vertically (that is to say, if you open it all the way and hang it from a headrest or something in a car). I've been looking for reviews etc. online of the brands that are being advertised for BF so far, but usually can't find any particular mention of whether DVD players can operate vertically or not.

I would *really* appreciate it if somebody could vouch for the Audiovox 10" player at Target ($84)! Thanx!!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens322

Kohl's will have one for $49.99. Looks like the same one we bought last year. Comes with carrying case. Ours is still going strong.

From what I can tell that ad says its a portable DVD player KIT. I'm not sure it has the DVD player with it. Just the case, remote, ear buds and car adapter. I know the picture has a player in it but the text and title suggest it actually doesn't

I checked with the store yesterday, and it includes the DVD player. Also the rebate will be instant $$$ off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens322

I checked with the store yesterday, and it includes the DVD player. Also the rebate will be instant $$$ off.

"$49.99 after redemption of Visa PrePaid Card offer via mail" is the exact wording on both the Kohls BF ad and website. Interesting you were told it is an instant.

We just bought the Audiovox 9" double feature car dvd system that is on sale at Target right now for 199. We are happy with it. It seems to be built well and durable to hold up with kids. The last one we had lasted 2 1/2 years. Target also has a extended warrenty you can buy for electronics under 200 for 19$ its good for 3 years and if they cant fix it they will replace it for you. Hope this helps

My Fiancee Grabbed the No name brand one Walmart had on sale. We charged it after meeting back up at home(went to different stores) Went to play it and when it did load it froze. Got ticked ogg called store and they gave me crap so called tech support and guy was convinced I was not playing a Dvd in it lol. Ended up taking it back and trying to buy the Phillips one online since store was out but online site buggy so called 1-800 # and Got it honored :-D Walmart one felt cheap but for the short while worked good. screen wouldnt stay up but not bad picture for only $49

got the 8.5 inch GPX at HH Gregg for 79 bucks with case. Its outstanding for the money! I would stay away from digital labs and audiovox. Ive had them both - and returned them both. My confidence w/GPX is because my neighbor bought one over the summer!