what time to line up at kmart for the TG ad

calicoolguy

We have went on TG the past 4 or 5 years. last year the sales were not very good and you could have shown up 15 minutes early and been 10th in line. The 3 or 4 years prior to that Kmart always had some type of TV or game system sale and the lines were a little worse but still showing up at 5-6am meant you were first in line. Now this year may be a little different because unless Walmart comes up with a really good price on a 32" LCD then Kmart has the best price out there. I went and look at the LCD they have in the flyer last night and it is actually a pretty good tv with good reviews online (Olevia 232 is the model). Unless you live in a big city I wouldnt think you would have to get there much more than 2-3 hours early. I think in general most people do not like having to go on TG morning.

When we bought TV's for our kids a few years ago (they had both 19 and 25 inch on sale) they actually about 25-30 of the 19" and about 10 of the 25". And the line for those didnt really start to form until like 6:30. Now with the LCD it may be a lot different, its HD LCD so everybody wants one, buts it $419 not $89 so not everybody can afford one... tough call, I am trying to make the same decision, luckily I live 2 miles away and there is a Whataburger across the street to have breakfast at if I get there to early.

I live in a fairly small town. I have never been to KM on BF. Are the lines extremely long before opening? How soon should I get there?

Honestly, if I were you, since you say you live in a small town, I would ask your neighbors or just someone you see shopping at the store prior to BF. Or maybe even call them and ask if they know what time last year on BF did their line start.

HTH

BTW, welcome to the GottaDeal community. I hope you are able to stay with us all year long! :)

The Kmart closest to us is in a fairly small town too. I have never been on Thanksgiving. But the Kmart never has anyone in there. This kmart has been open for a long long time. No one goes anymore. There are maybe only 10 cars in the parking every time I go. Never a long line any time. I am not really looking for electronis. Just some of the kids toys they have on sale. I want a wii so if I can get one then awesome, but if not I will definitely have one before xmas. I am just going at about 6:30. I don't think there will be too much of a line.

In Florence AL you don't have to line-up... You could get there 10 minutes late and there would be the same amount of people. No one goes to Kmart here. They never have what they advertised. They always say they never got them. Unlike Target they NEVER mark down other items or take rainchecks. Its a big waste of time.

In Florence AL you don't have to line-up... You could get there 10 minutes late and there would be the same amount of people. No one goes to Kmart here. They never have what they advertised. They always say they never got them. Unlike Target they NEVER mark down other items or take rainchecks. Its a big waste of time.

I went to Kmart last night to take stock of the toys I wanted to get on Thanksgiving. They were all scattered, as always, and there weren't but a couple of each thing. I know they never stock for sales. I am going to be there before they open, but just a couple minutes before. I hope they have what I want. And I know they have Wii's in the ad, but they guy at electronics told me they wouldn't have any til after thanksgiving. Which, they very well could get them in the day before and have them thanksgiving day. I know they never stock for sales though, so I am hoping this will not be a waste of my time. I am planning on sending an email anyways on how they never have anything they advertise!

I went to Kmart last night to take stock of the toys I wanted to get on Thanksgiving. They were all scattered, as always, and there weren't but a couple of each thing. I know they never stock for sales. I am going to be there before they open, but just a couple minutes before. I hope they have what I want. And I know they have Wii's in the ad, but they guy at electronics told me they wouldn't have any til after thanksgiving. Which, they very well could get them in the day before and have them thanksgiving day. I know they never stock for sales though, so I am hoping this will not be a waste of my time. I am planning on sending an email anyways on how they never have anything they advertise!

Im not sure if I would hold my breath on the Wii's. People were looking for them in line ahead of me yesterday and the guy in Electronics said they didnt have any. You are right about Kmart being horrible about stocking for sales. I'm going to order what I want online that morning. I figure as far as TV's they will have more in stock online than they will at my store. I hope its not a big mistake.

I'm in line about 6AM every year. Last year, I was the only one on line at that time. The year before, I was about 15th. And they don't open the doors till 7:05! I usually get the items I really need to get, then go back for a carraige. The aisles are always too small!

I emailed Kmart last night and this is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation.

While we make every effort to keep items advertised in our current circular

in stock, sometimes only a limited quantity of these items are available, and

our customer demand for these items is greater than expected. We sincerely

apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your business and

value you as a Sears Holdings customer. We certainly hope you will continue

to make Sears Holdings your choice for quality and value.

I'm not buying this at all. It isn't just an isolated incident. I have read a lot of complaints on here about Kmart never having anything the advertise. And it isn't just limited quantities and them selling out. That is total bs.

Heres the funny thing about their reply there as others have said the issue isnt just with items that say quantities limited. I went in for a 15" HDTV this weekend that they had for $199 and at noon they were sold out completely (granted the guywho was working in electronics didnt offer or bother to check in the back so who knows if they were really sold out) I got home and it was still in stock online. I checked yesterday just to see and it was STILL in stock online. This tells me the issue is the stores arent getting enough of their merchandise to handle their sales. Thats why im not risking going in store on Thanksgiving morning to get my Olevia because chances are they wont have enough if any at all. Look at it this way chances are by ordering it from KMART's website I'lll still get it and for the same price and on top of that I wont be freezing to death.

I emailed Kmart last night and this is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation.

While we make every effort to keep items advertised in our current circular

in stock, sometimes only a limited quantity of these items are available, and

our customer demand for these items is greater than expected. We sincerely

apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your business and

value you as a Sears Holdings customer. We certainly hope you will continue

to make Sears Holdings your choice for quality and value.

I'm not buying this at all. It isn't just an isolated incident. I have read a lot of complaints on here about Kmart never having anything the advertise. And it isn't just limited quantities and them selling out. That is total bs.

Most places don't offer doorbusters online, you better check first.

I stopped at a Kmart last night to find the 20% coupon and had to get a car charger for my cell phone. There was this lady there asking for an item and they apparently didn't have any (who would've thunk it! :shock:) The worker said that maybe they'll get a shipment in a few days, the lady is like "the sale is only til Wednesday!" So the lady asked if she could have a raincheck and was told no. So she asked for a manager, saying that "it isn't right that you don't have something you advertise and then don't give a raincheck either". I don't know what the outcome was....

But it's typical Kmart, the stores are unorganized, dirty and not very customer friendly. If Sears wants to turn these stores around, they need to work on these issues. >>getting off my soapbox now<< :rolleyes:

the black friday online/cyber monday forums Kmart thread says it will be offered online.

Most places don't offer doorbusters online, you better check first.

I stopped at a Kmart last night to find the 20% coupon and had to get a car charger for my cell phone. There was this lady there asking for an item and they apparently didn't have any (who would've thunk it! :shock:) The worker said that maybe they'll get a shipment in a few days, the lady is like "the sale is only til Wednesday!" So the lady asked if she could have a raincheck and was told no. So she asked for a manager, saying that "it isn't right that you don't have something you advertise and then don't give a raincheck either". I don't know what the outcome was....

But it's typical Kmart, the stores are unorganized, dirty and not very customer friendly. If Sears wants to turn these stores around, they need to work on these issues. >>getting off my soapbox now<< :rolleyes: