Help! Question about W/M return policy..

bawker

Hi...

I bought the 50 inch Sanyo plasma on the "pre" Black Friday sale Wal-Mart had a few days back...and while it's well and good TV-wise, I've found that it isn't working with my HTPC, even with repeated tries and purchasing various adapters.

I still have the receipt, and additionally, I also have a "gift receipt" for the TV that printed along with it. The only problem is that the original packaging (box and styrofoam) has been thrown away.

I still have all cables, manuals and associated reading material that came with the TV (and, again, I have the receipt and a gift receipt), and I'm within the 15 day limit on electronic returns by three/four days.

Will I have a problem bringing the TV back sans packaging (box and styrofoam) and getting a refund of the 998 I paid for it?

I'm not looking to rip anyone off, or try to "beat" the system here...just want to get my money back for something that didn't work out like I thought it would. :)

Thanks... especially to any Wal-Mart employees or pros that can offer a speedy opinion since time is of the essence on this one!

I would load it up and go and see, it depends on the store. They should be able to tell its the brand it says and all on the receipt. (do they log serial number's of those BIG TV's when you purchase them? I know they do on Nintendo DS's and stuff like that or they do here anyway so that may even help with the return. But you better do it now while you can.

I would load it up and go and see, it depends on the store. They should be able to tell its the brand it says and all on the receipt. (do they log serial number's of those BIG TV's when you purchase them? I know they do on Nintendo DS's and stuff like that or they do here anyway so that may even help with the return. But you better do it now while you can.

They don't currently log all serial numbers, but supposedly they're going to soon. Currently, they're scanned almost exclusively for manufacturers who participate in the Nintendo-owned Siras network (Sanyo is one of them). If it's logged, we can see when and where you bought it. WalMart plans to supplement the Siras network by running its own internal system.

Here ya go....................

Return Policy

Everything in the store can be exchanged or refunded with a receipt within 90 days of purchase... with the exception of a few electronic items and regulated items.

After 90 days with receipt:

If available, we offer repair service through the manufacturer.

Exceptions to 90 Day Return Policy:

45 days with receipt: Computer components and computer accessories.

30 days with receipt: Camcorders and digital cameras.

15 days with receipt: Computers and postpaid cell phones.

These items must be unopened: Prerecorded music, movies, and software products.

Guns & Ammunition: Sales are final.

Tobacco & Alcohol: May only be returned to the store of purchase with original receipt (except where prohibited by law).

WIC Purchases: No refund for WIC-acquired items. WIC-acquired items that are defective or out-of-date may only be exchanged for identical product. WIC-qualified items must be returned with the original receipt.

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

Our goal is to satisfy our Customers... by Exchange, Refund, or Repair.