Tips for a first time camper at BB?

Tequila

This will be my first time "camping out" for a Black Friday. We are going right after thanksgiving is over, at about 5PM. I just have a few questions for the pro's.

What should I bring?

How do you handle restroom breaks?

Is it against the rules for 3 people to take shifts on 2 spots? As in only 2 of us are getting items, but we brought in a 3rd family member so we could take breaks. There would always be 2 people in line.

How do you handle cutters?

Any other advice or things I should know?

thanks

I'm not the best at camping out just because I can only get there a while after Thanksgiving, which was fine up to 2005, however, last year I didn't get there until 1AM on BF and ended up not getting the Compaq SR2039X I wanted. Although, later that night, around 10PM I called a Bestbuy about an hour away from me, they had two computers left, and the kind employee held one for me until I arrived (Today, about a year later, I have a hard time knowing they did this:confused:, nonetheless, I'm very thankful and believe it was a miracle:)). Even though I still got what I wanted (the Compaq PC which is once again in the ad with only one small change and there is a nonBF Dell that is only $50 more and beats it), I'm not so sure about this year though because I'm looking for a 22" wide screen to go with my computer and doubt I will get just as lucky :no: Back on topic, I do have a good friend who camps out a lot and will answer from what I've heard from him.

It depends if you do have to go. If so, make sure it is okay with the people around you before you do leave, otherwise, a fight is likely.

Is it against the rules for 3 people to take shifts on 2 spots? As in only 2 of us are getting items, but we brought in a 3rd family member so we could take breaks. There would always be 2 people in line.

Once again, make sure it is okay with the people around you. If not, no.

On time I remember the police getting called because of a line cutter:eyepoppin

take chair, entertainment(ipod or portable dvd, something like that), beverages in cooler(large enough to put trash into when done with said beverage: give a hoot, dont pollute), blankie(s), and as far a having a rotation of people, we do it every year. Not your fault if they dont have friends. just dont rotate out and then when time comes all 3 stay, that not very bf line friendly. as far as cutters, i usually wait like 10 seconds for someone else to say something, the colder it is outside the quicker someone is to speak up i have noticed lol. make friends quick with your neighbors, make night go by faster and much easier to rotate out if you have to go potty real bad before your third gets there to "releive" you hehe.

This will be my first time "camping out" for a Black Friday. We are going right after thanksgiving is over, at about 5PM. I just have a few questions for the pro's.

What should I bring?

Any other advice or things I should know?

thanks

Like someone has said, just take food and make friends, a blanket would be helpful too.

People around you should help you with the cutters if you make good friends with them, it will also help you with the rotation, just let them be clear on what you're doing.

Have fun on this experience, this is my third year and i'll hopefully will do it again next year.

Guest cress115

So, all in all, what's the suggested time for someone to show up and start camping at the Best Buy?

Also, how popular do you guys think that blockbuster laptop deal is going to be?

5pm there will already be a line depending on weather!!! last year first person in line was there at 9am!!! said 20 or more showed by 1pm i was there at 8pm thanksgiving night and was like the 40 to 50th person in line...didnt get any ticket items except the more expensive laptop...people did cut in line it was a free for all when the doors opened it didnt matter cause if u didnt have a ticket u didnt get the item..stay safe have fun