JVC $179 Camcorder @ circuit City

elena_398

This is an early bird item and the only item I need at Circuit City. As everyone else's ad is not that great, I guess Im stuck going here first. Honestly, every year I avoid all electronic stores, but this year I have to do it. I have no experience in getting in line so is this going to be a popular item do you think? And/or a ticket item?

Im thinking midnight??? Or is that too late for this item. Good reviews on the camera too. Just need one to take videos around the house and football games.

Thanks for any input on popularity of the camera. This deal hasn't been mentioned so Im praying its not going to go quickly!

Hi Elena,

The JVC camcorder is also the only thing that my husband and I really want to get. We also haven't done the whole 'waiting in line' thing either, so I'm glad you asked those questions. I hope someone can answer, because I, too, would like to know what would be a good time to show up for that item. We're not new to Black Friday at all, but WalMart has always been our first stop.

I also saw that WalMart has that same camera online and I am going to check with our store to see if they have it in stock. Maybe they could do a price-match on BF if we take the CC ad in? May be something that you could also check into to avoid those long lines.

If not, I also hope they don't get gone to quickly!

I went into Walmart and they sell the 770 model but not the 750 model in store (only online) and they don't pricematch if its an online only item. So looks like we are in the same boat.... Waiting in line at Circuit City. UGH. Haha

Im just going to go around midnight- maybe do a drive-by around 11pm. I'll bring a book and bundle up. Just me going out as my husband stays home with the kids. I may pick up some CDs while Im there too.

Im thinking the camcorder is a ticketed item as its an early bird door buster. No quantities listed so we are going to have to be there early. Wouldn't you know, forecast so far is rain for me (40% chance) and a high of 44. UGH

I figured that it would probably be an online only item. Oh well, I guess we'll get there early to get a ticket. Our camera went out and it's hard to find a decent brand-name MiniDV camera under $200, so we do need this item to be able to video tape Christmas Eve and morning. That is worth the wait to be able to record those memories!

Luckily, one of our CC is in the same shopping center as Toys R Us, so my husband and I thought we could atleast kill two birds with one stone. While he gets the camera I'll run over to Toys R Us and get a few things from there. We'll just have to make a stop at our 24 hour Krispie Kreme for an assorted dozen and coffee before going there to camp out. :gdlicklips:

And Andrea, I'm not sure if BB has a similar camcorder or not. Thanks for the info, but I refuse to shop at BB. They used to, or may still do, finance their credit cards through the company that financed my car and the company is a complete predatory lender. So, if BB is gonna deal with that company, I won't deal through them. I'd much rather give CC my money. :)

My husband and I went to HH Gregg today and got a sales paper. Apparently, they were going to have the JVC camcorder on sale until tomorrow for the price of $179.97. They had them in stock at the store so we bought one ourselves. They also have a Samsung MiniDV camcorder for $175 as well. That one is marked down from $199.99. I'm sorry, but I don't have the model number for that one. But they had the Samsung in the glass showcase up front.

http://hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=5F4EBB4EA8B648888FBF095F5887AB79&ProductID=18622

Custeph, this should be the link to the JVC Camcorder.

Here is a link to a Samsung camcorder as well. I don't think it's the $175 one I listed above, but still a good deal it seems at the same price as the JVC.

http://hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=9D414CCE2E4445DA950CC23A5650ED9D&ProductID=19473

My husband and I got on line (hh gregg)this past saturday and bought the JVC camcorder and it had gone up to $199.99 !!! but with the good reviews,no shipping or tax it still was a great deal!! I hope it arrives in time for thanksgiving so we can capture our daughters first thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!