Special Late announcment Item for BF??! (56" Samsung Slim DLP)

StealthTM

Now I don't know if this is official but I went to my local bestbuy to look at TV's.

I noticed something a bit strange...the 56' in samsung was removed from the floor.

Which i wanted to look at because I'm planning on buying it. So I go ask the rep and he

says they were told to take the floor model to the back and keep the remaining inventory

in the back. I asked why and he said he doesn't know but guesses it will be a item on bf

because they just received a skid wrapped in black shrink wrap with about 20 of them

with an order to not sell any till friday. Now I don't know if he was bull****ting me, so I went

to the other bestbuy and their tv was aslo put away.

Is this a special item that will be announced????

Guest Macrossmaster
No clue there, but 42" Plasmas are available for around 1K now. I know you said you're looking for DLP but I went to check out several today, and cancelled my DLP order for a Plasma. KInd of sucks that they don't have it for you to observe.

Wow that sounds like a high probablity then. Is that one a 1080P? I wonder what the price would be. Is this a better TV than the mitsubishi 65 inch I wonder They set it at $1000 so I can get the $300 off for direct TV and the $100 off the HD DVD player I might have to do that

Thanks for the scoop, Stealth! We are all anxious to hear!

The one on the BB site is $1799 with their "sale" price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8293839&type=product&id=1173577986549

It is 1080 p and gets pretty high reviews on their website.

My guess is that it will be on sale for around $1400-1500. Everyone seems pretty unwilling this year to give you the insane 40-50% off deals like last year.

Thanks for the scoop, Stealth! We are all anxious to hear!

The one on the BB site is $1799 with their "sale" price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8293839&type=product&id=1173577986549

It is 1080 p and gets pretty high reviews on their website.

My guess is that it will be on sale for around $1400-1500. Everyone seems pretty unwilling this year to give you the insane 40-50% off deals like last year.

I think if it is a secret door buster it will be below that range. Think the mitsubishi 65 inch DLP is $2200 right now and will be $1499 on BF why would anyone got with 56 inches over 65 if the prices were pretty close. Both TVs rate well. I'm thining and hoping its more like $1000 - $1100

I think if it is a secret door buster it will be below that range. Think the mitsubishi 65 inch DLP is $2200 right now and will be $1499 on BF why would anyone got with 56 inches over 65 if the prices were pretty close. Both TVs rate well. I'm thining and hoping its more like $1000 - $1100

Good point... however, the 65" at "sale price" on the BB website is $1999, which is not much more expensive than the 56" which is $1799.

Considering the price on the 65 inch, I'm going to say $1300 for the Samsung 56".

Good point... however, the 65" at "sale price" on the BB website is $1999, which is not much more expensive than the 56" which is $1799.

Considering the price on the 65 inch, I'm going to say $1300 for the Samsung 56".

no I think it will be a bit lower. CC has that same TV for $1550 right now. Plus this will be a door buster secret sale vs the 65" which is in the 2 day sale. secret sale stuff is suppose to WOW. If it is one of the items I still think $1000 = $1200

i got my Samsung 56" DLP around a month and a half ago for $1000 out the door including a very nice stand. Granted it was an open box but with no damage whatsoever. We were supposedly getting a 50" but when we got home and I looked at the model number it was actually a 56" and they had it labeled wrong on the shelf. I told them i had a grand to spend and said if you could get me the TV and the stand for that anount they had a sale. Total with tax and everything $1011.55:D

i got my Samsung 56" DLP around a month and a half ago for $1000 out the door including a very nice stand. Granted it was an open box but with no damage whatsoever. We were supposedly getting a 50" but when we got home and I looked at the model number it was actually a 56" and they had it labeled wrong on the shelf. I told them i had a grand to spend and said if you could get me the TV and the stand for that anount they had a sale. Total with tax and everything $1011.55:D

Just a quick bit of advice, and I'm sure it won't be an issue, but I would make sure your receipt reflects the correct model number of the TV. I would hate to have it need warranty work in a few months and you get hassled because your trying to get the "wrong" TV fixed.

Just a quick bit of advice, and I'm sure it won't be an issue, but I would make sure your receipt reflects the correct model number of the TV. I would hate to have it need warranty work in a few months and you get hassled because your trying to get the "wrong" TV fixed.

I also thought about that but since it was all done on the BB credit card and they did capture a serial number they said it was there fault and i will not get penalized for their mistake.

Their records will not have a Serial number on it. The only Time a serial number gets recorded on a purchase is video game consoles,( PSP PS3 Wii Xbox360 DS) and Sirius and XM radio Devices. otherwise only the model number will be recorded. The only other time the serial number will get recorded is when you have a service plan and you bring in the device to get it serviced they then enter it in there Systems.