I really want to surprise my dh who has darn near everything!

babymains

We are finally fiancial better off so I can afford something nice. My husband has a top of the line computer, new dvd/vcr, mini- fridge, a ps2, xbox, a big screen ( I did side work to get most). He is already getting a new electric razor, a very nice computer chair, and a new robe and pj pants. We agreed on three presents under the tree but I want to really surprise him. I have thought xbox 360 - says he does need it, ps3- won't play much, more games- has too many, clothes- too many, and dvds- we have blockbuster online. He is a hard core gamer, some new ideas would be great. I am about the buy him a case of full throtle and stick a box on it!

Depending upon his interests, maybe one of those fantasy race-car days at a racetrack. Or something along those lines -- a dream day doing something he's really into. It sounds like there isn't anything material he really needs; why throw $$ away on something like that when he's got it all? I'd find something experience-related, rather than another "thing."

Just my 2 cents

(Wish I had your problem...<g>)

In advance I beg to not be kicked of for my suggestion here. A hotel at the nicest place you can afford. Not too many lights. You go first (not too far in advance -you'll see why) Start chilling the best wine/champagne that you can $$, light the candles, set out the glasses, maybe some fruit and cheese trays. I'm not very good at describing a romantic setting but hopfully you get the picture. Have hime meet you at the room and when he arrives, meet him at the door in your most provacative wear ever. You may need to excuse youself for a moment while he catches his breath and starts thanking God, Then, you can walk out hand in hand with the most beautiful blond that you could get to help with this special christmas gift. Don't worry about what to do next, the three of you will figure it out. It's a gift he would never forget. Just one word of wisdom...make sure it's not a gift that keeps on giving. Just so you'll know, I am absolutely serious!

In advance I beg to not be kicked of for my suggestion here. A hotel at the nicest place you can afford. Not too many light. You go first (not too far in advance -you'll see why) Start chilling the best wine/champagne that you can $$, light the candles, set out the glasses, maybe some fruit and cheese trays. I'm not very good at describing romantic but hopfully you get the picture. Have hime meet you at the room and when he arrives, meet him at the door in your most provacative wear ever. You may need to excuse youself for a moment while he catches his breath and starts thanking God, Then, you can walk out hand in hand with the most beautiful blond that you could get to help with this special christams gift. It's a gift he would never forget. Just one word of wisdom...make sure it's not a gift that keeps on giving. Just so you'll know, I am absolutely serious!

See now, I was in total agreement until the bolded part. OP, if you could just omit that part this would be a great gift...for both of you. :) JMO, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

For some reason my mind skipped over that entire line and when I read "the 3 of you will know what to do" I was like Huh?

QUOTE]

I had skipped that part too! :eyepoppin

It wasn't there in the original post because I quoted it just like it was. I didn't delete anything in the post. I guess Krissy figured she needed to add that line, lol. :D

That sounds really nice but that is what we are doing tonight (kinda, no third person). It is our sixth anniversary and I am a redhead;) . He is in to online video games, he play final fanasty online. He is not into sports or racing. He does read alot. He likes r.a. salvotor (don't think I spelled it right). He is just as spoiled as my son but I work two jobs in the summer to get most of what he has got. Plus I got alot of it used, but they still love it. So I am stumped. I know he should be think about something really nice to get me but I feel gulity when he does. He got me a PSP at full price and I made him take it back. I then bought a used one on craigllist. I am just that way, but I want something that will knock his socks off. Is that just to hard to do?

Definitely call the nearest race track and make a reservation for him to drive a race car...invite all your friends...provide tee shirts that say "Mery Christmas, Bill" (or whatever) and then have everyone meet at a restaurant for dinner. I did this and he's still talking about it a year later as his best present ever.

It wasn't there in the original post because I quoted it just like it was. I didn't delete anything in the post. I guess Krissy figured she needed to add that line, lol. :D

I added the additional info to make it a little clearer. Didn't mean to offend anyone by the way. And I didn't say that it is something that I would do this for my own husband. Nor did I say that it is something that I wouldn't do for him. The best part about being adults is that we get to make our own choices. Well, that might not be the absolute best part part, but it rates pretty high. If I did offend anyone, I do apologize because I post too often here to make more enemies than necessary.

I added the additional info to make it a little clearer. Didn't mean to offend anyone by the way. And I didn't say that it is something that I would do this for my own husband. Nor did I say that it is something that I wouldn't do for him. The best part about being adults is that we get to make our own choices. Well, that might not be the absolute best part part, but it rates pretty high. If I did offend anyone, I do apologize because I post too often here to make more enemies than necessary.

I wasn't offended in the least. Really, for the most part I think it's a really good suggestion. :)

In advance I beg to not be kicked of for my suggestion here. A hotel at the nicest place you can afford. Not too many lights. You go first (not too far in advance -you'll see why) Start chilling the best wine/champagne that you can $$, light the candles, set out the glasses, maybe some fruit and cheese trays. I'm not very good at describing a romantic setting but hopfully you get the picture. Have hime meet you at the room and when he arrives, meet him at the door in your most provacative wear ever. You may need to excuse youself for a moment while he catches his breath and starts thanking God, Then, you can walk out hand in hand with the most beautiful blond that you could get to help with this special christmas gift. Don't worry about what to do next, the three of you will figure it out. It's a gift he would never forget. Just one word of wisdom...make sure it's not a gift that keeps on giving. Just so you'll know, I am absolutely serious!

MARRY ME!!!!

a really nice cell phone? like pda with the internet style?

a projector and theater style seating and surround sound?

blu-ray?

a soda fountain? (i have one that i got off of craigslist and i LOVE it- you could do energy drinks in it)

a nice digital camera or camcorder or two in one?

an external hard drive? (one of the ones that doesnt have to plug in for power)

that new sony ebook reader filled with r.a. salvatore' books? you could even get the new cell phone and fill it with ra salvatore books depending on which one you get. you can get them off of craigslist for prices on new ones somewhere in between the one year contract price and no contract price.

I hope this helps!