UGH - Help with what I want at BB

my4bearcubs

All I want is the Nintendo DS Bundle - Zelda. I have never done BB on Black Friday and after reading all of the posts about standing in line and how early to get there - I am scared to death!! Does anyone think this will be a hot item that will sell out quickly - quick enough that I should just forget it. I did not plan on getting there until 2-3a before the store opens. I am in Columbus, Ohio and plan on going to the one in Tuttle (this is added just in case anyone lives in my area).

Thanks!!

I think the Ds will be a hot item and you should get there as early as possible. I dont think it will be as hot at the lap tops , desk tops or tvs but it will be close.. I would suggest to get there at least by 3pm on Thankgiving day if not earlier. If you are wanting a laptop it would more like noon or earlier. I am planning on going at 10 am on thanksgiving day but it might be earlier depending on the talks closer to black fri.. I am willing to go as early as 6 am on thanksgiving to get my Sony Viao:D

I am wanting this item too. I am in central illinois and nesarest store is 60 miles. I always go to a diff. town other direction, no bb. I am going to try to get it online at midnight. if that doesn't work, going to bb and try to get it , come back home, meet mom and go other direction. we never go before 8 am and have never not got anything we wanted. our area does not have these lines every one else talks about. if i don't get it at bb, sears kmart and who knows if walmart had it, but the price is the same at all storesm, only bb has extra stuff free.

my4bearcubs, have a look at this link it's Microcenter, I see there is one in the Columbus area.

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/catalogs/gaming.html

It says buy a DS Lite get two new games free.

There are some restrictions on using the coupons and it is for $29.99.

Here is the Fine Print:

Offer expires 12/24/07. Purchase any new DS Lite system and receive two coupons, each redeemable for any NEW or USED Nintendo DS game $29.99 and under at no charge or receive a $29.99 discount off the regular retail price of any higher price NEW or USED DS game. First coupon valid only during 12/1/07-12/31/07 period. Second coupon valid only during 1/1/08-1/31/08 period. Recipient responsible for any remaining balance and applicable taxes. Not valid with any other discounts or offers. Limit one promotion offer per customer. Offer subject to change or end at any time. Limited to in-stock items only. See sales associate for details

Got his from another site.

HTH (Hope That Helps)

I am a newbie curious about this too-- I want the special edition Zelda bundle also, but judging by the INCREDIBLE demand I'm seeing on gaming sites, with many current system owners planning to get this anyways (me being one of them, lol), I'm quite worried about my chances of getting ahold of one. I seriously think that this bundle may be the big shocker hot item of the season... throw into it that it is a U.S. exclusive, adding in huge overseas demand for ones sold online, and that there may not be more than one shipment. The #1 system with a hot game in a color that has actually been requested by many players; yep, I'm worried! :eek: Not seeing the demand as much for the Nintendogs bundle, but the pink Nintendogs bundles a few years back did extremely well.

Because BB has the best overall deal, with the free game and starter kit, and is one of the more popular stores, you may actually be better off going to a store with a worse deal if you're completely set on one. I think I will hit CC first myself, with the $139.99 tag, but if I can't get one there or at any of the other 5 a.m. openings, the backup plan is EB/Gamestop. They open at 7, and though it has been yanked now, they had a preorder page up for it on their website showing it at $169.99 there. An employee I talked to on the phone said that while demand would be high, doorbusters would mostly be there trying to get Wiis so that if you were there to snag a DS bundle at opening, you would probably get one.

Yep, so far I've seen it in ads for many of the others with prices from $129.99 to $149.99. Though I haven't seen their ad, I know from their site and employees that EB/Gamestop will have it at $169.99.

An interesting follow-up... some people have already got their hands on them and are selling them on eBay, in-hand. Someone is listing one at $999! :eyepoppin I think that person will have to eat the fees on that one, lol. However, I am watching the other auctions to see what they finish at-- I don't expect the really high prices until they sell out of stores (which will probably be right after BF). If we start seeing sky-high prices on eBay now, even if it is from the overseas buyers, it might make them even harder to get ahold of on BF as everyone will want to sell them. I've seen some additional input from employees that seems to back up that it is a BF one-shipment special, though it could be wrong. Maybe once Nintendo sees the demand they will release more? :g_think:

Edit- Just saw the Gamestop ad posted elsewhere, and they WILL be selling it for $149.99, it turns out. Perhaps that will be the "sale" and if any last past the sale period, they will go up to the $169.