Samsung 50' slim DLP HDTV

DopeCracker

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/sam/EC.SAM.HLT5075S.JPG

From what I could gather very quickly, I saw pretty good reviews on it. Below you'll find a link to Pricegrabber with user reviews and the bottom-line available price right now (pre-BF)

http://gottadeal.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=34415157/id_type=masterid/form_keyword=HLT5075S

I've heard the difference between 720p and 1080p is hard to see with the naked eye, plus this is looking like the best TV deal out ther this BF (Where are all the deals, lets hope Walmart steps it up a little) I read the reviews on the CC website and it seems good if not great, so can anyone tell me why not to get this TV, other than the fact that it's not the 1080p version?? Also is there any chance the 1080p version will be a little cheaper on BF?? I know I just contradicted myself there, but I wanted to get all the info I could before I made a decision... Thanks in Advance :)

I've heard the difference between 720p and 1080p is hard to see with the naked eye, plus this is looking like the best TV deal out ther this BF (Where are all the deals, lets hope Walmart steps it up a little) I read the reviews on the CC website and it seems good if not great, so can anyone tell me why not to get this TV, other than the fact that it's not the 1080p version?? Also is there any chance the 1080p version will be a little cheaper on BF?? I know I just contradicted myself there, but I wanted to get all the info I could before I made a decision... Thanks in Advance :)

On a 50in tv you will definitely see it. 32in is really the highest you can get and not

worry about it not being 1080p...anything over you definitely see the difference.

Aloha guys and gals, Just a friendly reminder. Be aware that standard definition on this set is terrible. Unless you have HDTV I would reconsider. I really wanted this set and went by local CC yesterday. I asked rep to switch to analog settings and it was nasty. I would strongly recommend you check it out before waiting in line for this set. Hope this helps.

See you all in line:yup:

Aloha guys and gals, Just a friendly reminder. Be aware that standard definition on this set is terrible. Unless you have HDTV I would reconsider. I really wanted this set and went by local CC yesterday. I asked rep to switch to analog settings and it was nasty. I would strongly recommend you check it out before waiting in line for this set. Hope this helps.

See you all in line:yup:

now when you say this, "nasty" you mean..? i mean how bad could the picture really be.. (although i might have to go check it out) Im liking this tv for games(ps3 and xbox360) and movies primarily, also i am debating between this tv and the 42" sharp aquos, forsale on BF any suggestions on which way i should go?

Our HDTV pixture quality is great if you have the signal for them. If you do not the quality is crappy. Most stores have a very HOT signal coming if for these sets or they play them with a HD DVD or satellite signal. But if you don't have the HD signal when you get home, you will see the backgrounds in the shows moving. If your going to use the set for games and or dvd's it will work fine.

Unless you are a Videophile, you don't really need to go 1080P. 720P is fine for 98% of American's. The only time you will notice a difference is when you're watching something in Full HD. Yes you can see the difference between 1080 and 720 when they are side by side, but when you'll probably be just as happy with 720. Unless the price difference is <$100, go for the 720P.

On a side note, I am planning on going 1080P. BUT... that's just so I can say I've upgraded to 1080P. I currently have a 50" 720P and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Unless you are a Videophile, you don't really need to go 1080P. 720P is fine for 98% of American's. The only time you will notice a difference is when you're watching something in Full HD. Yes you can see the difference between 1080 and 720 when they are side by side, but when you'll probably be just as happy with 720. Unless the price difference is <$100, go for the 720P.

On a side note, I am planning on going 1080P. BUT... that's just so I can say I've upgraded to 1080P. I currently have a 50" 720P and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I disagree - any tv over 42" you will see a definite difference. Spend the little bit extra now and get a 1080 instead of getting the 720p and spending a whole lot more in a couple of months b/c you are unhappy with the cheaper set:yup:

The bigger the TV the more you will notice the poor quality of the lower resolution. Putting 720 lines into a 61" screen will stretch those pixels and look poor versus 1080 lines into the picture. You start getting much below 50" and the 720 is probably a better bet for your money but the prices are getting closer and closer. Also, remember your standard DVD player transmits in 480p. Get an HD/Blu-Ray or at least upconvert DVD player for a better picture. Same for your TV service (cable/Direct/Dish), getting the HD service will cost you for the new HD converter box and HD service. Add it all up! But when you watch Discover network in HD at 1080p, you will think it was all worth it!!

I have had this tv for a year (Wish I wouldve waited for this price), and I love it. Im having an issue with my surround sound on it (Samsung says my Internal mute is on but its not, and I have tried different RCA Cables and my stereo reciever). I only wanted surround sound for movies so I just hooked it up to the dvd player.

Other than my small issue with it, it is a great HDTV for someone who is just getting into Hdtvs.

now when you say this, "nasty" you mean..? i mean how bad could the picture really be.. (although i might have to go check it out) Im liking this tv for games(ps3 and xbox360) and movies primarily, also i am debating between this tv and the 42" sharp aquos, forsale on BF any suggestions on which way i should go?

When I say nasty I mean nasty. They had oceans 12 playing on the feed at the time and I could barley make out george cloony's face. It was fuzzy and looked like I was watching some old vhs tape. I would go with the sharp. That's what I'm going for...46" though.:D

You gotta make sure there is a HD feed going to the TV. A lot of times they don't have

a HD feed...

Like the 65in toshiba was on 480i and it looked like crap, i asked them to put a HD signal

and they hooked up a blueray player with Fantastic 4..it looked REAL good.

Just thought I would let everyone know here... there is a deal on their site that started today that is on par with even all the black friday specials. I decided myself to just bypass the doorbuster line for the BF TV's and just picked this up today!

It's the Mitsubishi 57" DLP 1080p for $1199!!! That is better than ANY black friday TV at 1080p that I know of. Plus, well it's 57" can't beat that at that price. The local CC pricematched the website for me.

I would post the link here, but since I am a noob here they won't let me.