Black Friday questions

IcyStorm

I'm a newcomer here... sorry if the questions have already been answered!

1) While you're in line by yourself... what happens if you have to use the restroom? Are people usually nice about it and hold your spot or what?

2) Are store layouts organized differently or are items in the same areas they would usually be?

3) Do the police ever go by these lines? The reason I ask is because I'm 16, and camping out by myself doesn't seem like a good idea (although I did so for the Nintendo Wii launch last year).

I'm a newcomer here... sorry if the questions have already been answered!

1) While you're in line by yourself... what happens if you have to use the restroom? Are people usually nice about it and hold your spot or what?

2) Are store layouts organized differently or are items in the same areas they would usually be?

3) Do the police ever go by these lines? The reason I ask is because I'm 16, and camping out by myself doesn't seem like a good idea (although I did so for the Nintendo Wii launch last year).

1. I would say NO WAY during morning bf hours you fight for everything...someone would steal your spot for sure.

2. Differently! They put things on pallets scatered throughout the different stores. However it kinds depends on the store, walmart for me (in pa) had electronics only in the electronics dept. But Target on the other hand had them scatered throughout the store.

3. I am not sure as to camping out cause I only go a couple hours before. I would take a friend with you!!

Hope this helps!

We had several people shot by a drive by BB Gun shooter in the Best Buy parking lot last year here in Lexington, KY. The police cannot be everywhere at all times, keep that in mind.

As for potty breaks, don't even think of it.

To find merchandise, follow the crowd.

If you are planning on overnighting, a friend is a must. If you are going an hour early, don't worry about it.

Geez.....in all the years we've camped outside BB and CC, we've never had problems establishing "friendships" with those around us in line.....which allowed everyone to leave for bathroom breaks, food breaks, or whatever, without worrying about losing one's place in line at all.

In fact, last year I left the line to hit the CUSA's midnight opening and then returned.....right to the same exact spot I left....and to no dissent or complaints. When I got back, it instead was "What did you get?" and "Was it crowded?"

Guess we in the South just live a more civil life and treat each other with more respect than other parts of the country that treat this as a cutthroat, me first competition. Our lines tend to be more the block party type of happening.....not what everyone else is describing.

Glad we're down here.........

I think it all depends on your own attitude on BF morning. If you wake up crabby and think of it as a hassle, I guarantee it will be. If you go with a sense of adventure and are determined to have fun, you most likely will. I have never had issues with anyone in line, with one exception - two years ago in the ShopKo line, all of us well-meaning people who had waited in line for 2+ hours decided as a group to let a guy in a wheelchair to the front of the very long line. When the doors opened, he jumped up, left his wheelchair, and ran. I thought there was going to be a mob riot that day. :)