our new walmart

redgssports

the trouble with new WM is that they NEVER seem to have the stock as the old ones. It takes FOREVER for them to get the things the other stores have. They told me its because they have not been worked into the systems properly. It takes months for the kinnks to get worked out

Guest nightlily
an employee told me some time back that walmart is phasing out the fabric section, and reducing the craft/sewing section and replacing it with bigger party supply section. I don't like it either!

oh no. they can't get rid of fabric.

it's really not worth the drive to price match if i can't get the fabric for me with the money i save.

it's bad enough that a lot of the craft stores don't carry fabric & sewing supplies.. but if walmart gets rid of them i'll have no reason to go there - i can PM at other grocery stores.

:(

We got a new one about 30 minutes away back in july. We asked about the fabric/crat being reduced from the old store. Were told the employees waited to keep it but it was being faded out and the only way to keep it was enough people call 1800 Walmart and complain.

the trouble with new WM is that they NEVER seem to have the stock as the old ones. It takes FOREVER for them to get the things the other stores have. They told me its because they have not been worked into the systems properly. It takes months for the kinnks to get worked out

That is very true! The manager here had the same tale of woe to tell. When walmart had the special sale on the laptops, hd players, and other items recently, our local walmart had none of these items, due to this routing problem with the store's SKU.:mad:

Fabrics is being elminated/reduced where possible because it is a service department meaning it requires a human to cut material. Walmart does not care about providing service, they just want to stock items and move them out the front door.

Some items do take longer for a new store to get but it depends if they are a warehouse or assembly item. Warehouse means it will come straight from the warehouse and there should be no delay. Assembly comes from the manufacturer to the warehouse and then to the store.