Have questions for a Kohl's associate?

Guest RealLivePrinces

Do you happen to have an answer for my question?

You do not have to use your Kohl's card to get this Kohl's cash offer. And our computer system doesn't allow us to take expired Kohl's cash. SOMETIMES the managers can just do a straight dollar deduction for the value, but really, we're under no obligation to do so. That's why the date is printed on the front. If it's any consolation, I do that all the time myself. Grr.

She did. I think you must have missed it, at least I think this is the answer to your question.

I have gone to Kohl's on Wed night the past two years, put my stuff on hold and went back on Friday to pick it up after I had made my other stops. Works really nice. I went really late on Wednesday last year and quite a few things were out but not some of the big bargins.

Do you know if Kohl's is going to price adjust for the BF deals?

Guest RealLivePrinces

1. I checked the Fisher Price thing. We have it in our system, but it doesn't look like we'll have any in store since we had 0 on hand and 0 coming.

2. Whoever said the DVD player had been changed to an instant rebate was misinformed. It's still the Visa by mail.

3. Comforters will be back in bedding, probably next to the model bed with multiple white example comforters on it. The department supervisor told me they wouldn't be anywhere else in the store, just in that area. My store has about 10 kings on hand, but that can vary.

Price adjusting varies by store, though we haven't gotten a directive saying not to. Generally at my store it's okay if it's one or two, we'll refuse it if it's cart full of items. We do price match if it's the exact same item (right down to the sku in some cases).

Thanks everyone for helping the lady find my answer. :) If you have any more really specific questions, please get them in before noon eastern time, which is when I go into work tomorrow.

Do you know if Kohl's is going to price adjust for the BF deals?

Another Kohl's associate here (5 1/2 years and counting)...

We usually don't price adjust at all for Early Birds, so most likely stores will not do price adjustments for the doorbuster sales, but will do them for the "regular" sales that are going on that day.

Purplesaurusrex, does your store have the Fisher Price Smartcycle? Also, is there much more put out on bf then on Wednesday night? If I put things aside WEdnesday night do I need to go first thing that morning to buy them or can I wait till noon?

It's really store-specific. I know our store won't hold things for BF, because then other customers complain about the "first come first served" aspect of it all.

We actually have our toys out on the floor now. I recommend doing what others have suggested and go with a partner and stake a place out in line, and the other do the shopping.

Most of our stuff is out now, and some we even have backstock on. Cabbage Patch dolls are in short supply, and we don't have any of the original dolls, just the glowing ones this year - go figure.

The electronic items will not be put out until that morning, and in our store, the Loss Prevention Manager is going to be handing out numbers outside to people in line that are there to buy the limited supply items. The ads do say "limit 2 per customer" this year, and I guess we're going to try and enforce it. I think they're doing this at every store.

Jewelry items are pretty limited also, but it's hit or miss. Some things we have a lot of, and some things we don't. We're supposed to get a special jewelry shipment UPS tommorrow, but I don't know what's in it until we open it up. If I get more info about supply numbers, I'll post it after work tomorrow.

Oh, and our store has a few of the Smart Cycles, but not many. We usually don't get in a lot of the "big box" items. Like the telescopes... I think we have 6 this year.

Guest RealLivePrinces

Last year, we finally convinced folks to line up at one door (we have two entrances). We're trying the ticket thing too now that we accomplished one line, but with the Yes We Can policy... it'll be interesting.

My store allows holds, but only for items on the floor (no limited doorbusters) and requires customers to get in the main line to purchase them, like everyone else.

Guest RealLivePrinces

in the ad for friday - with the picture of the leather coat that says dockers and chaps under it - does that Include those 2 brands? or is it excluding them?

It includes them.

Thanks for the info about the expired Kohl's Kash. You guys are right, I did miss the initial response from princess. Sorry 'bout that.

I went to a Kohls' on Tuesday night and the guy was new and didn't know about expired Kash. I didn't think to have him call a manager. I'll hang on to them and ask again. You never know.... (I just hate that I messed up on the date!)

Guest RealLivePrinces
You need to hurry and ask, though, since the redemption period for Black Friday's Kohl's cash started today which puts your odds for the expired even lower.