Rumored Gamestop Sale

msl94

Several sources within a few of the EB Games and Gamestop stores near me have stated that the Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-played sale will be in effect during Thanksgiving weekend. This is a deal in which stores will sell a lot of merchandise, especially if they intend on purchasing a console at that time. Having worked for EB Games for 7 years, I strongly urge anyone who purchases any used games to check the disc to make sure it isn't scratched before you leave the store.

Matt

Several sources within a few of the EB Games and Gamestop stores near me have stated that the Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-played sale will be in effect during Thanksgiving weekend. This is a deal in which stores will sell a lot of merchandise, especially if they intend on purchasing a console at that time. Having worked for EB Games for 7 years, I strongly urge anyone who purchases any used games to check the disc to make sure it isn't scratched before you leave the store.

Matt

I make DH play all games to make sure they work before i wrap them and put them under the tree..:yup:

Matt

I second that. A lot of those discs are in less than perfect condition.

Thanks for the head's up.

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought 2 used games at Gamestop today, Jak and Daxter and Jak II. If this sale is really something that Gamestop does, I'm going to return the two I bought today and wait a week and a half. I'll have to call tomorrow and see if anyone knows anything about that. Thanks!

At our gamestop you have three days to return the game.

All Gamestops and EB Games stores should allow to return pre-played games within 7 days, which should be displayed at the registers. If not, you may want to call their corporate office for clarification.

The return policy is always extended at Christmas. I also believe that their return policy is 7 days if you don't like the game or 30 days to exchange it for another of the same game if it doesn't work correctly. We buy most of our games used from Gamestop and only once have had a problem.

All Gamestops and EB Games stores should allow to return pre-played games within 7 days, which should be displayed at the registers. If not, you may want to call their corporate office for clarification.

You are right, I was thinking of Game Attics I think that is what it is called. It is a local store. And the store manager at Gamestop, told me that during the holidays you have 30 days to return used games and 7 days to return new.

all my local gamestop/EB stores 7 of them, have a special return policy for x-mas. They allow returns for purchases starting BF to be returned up to Jan 7th.

I made a killing there last year. I bought 2 systems and a ton of games for the kids saved well over 400 bucks. I hope they have the B2G1 sale again this year.

Does anyone know if they will have any used DS lite systems on sale? they are normally 119.00. My two girls 6 and 9 want one but I know how they are on the systems.

If they do have any type of deal with used DS lite systems, it will be a bundle that includes a couple of games at least. They've done that in the past with all of the used consoles as well.

Ok, can't verify that this ad is real, but saw it posted on another site and figured I'd post it for any who might be interested-

Assorted Playstation 2 Games $10 Off $9.99

Assorted Playstation 2 Games $10 Off $19.99

Assorted Playstation 2 Games $10 Off $29.99

Assorted PSP Games $15-25 off $14.99

Assorted Xbox 360 Games $10 off $10 off

Blu-Ray Remote for Playstation 3 $9.99

Buy 2 Used Games or Accessories and Get 1 Free B2G1F

Cobra Racing Wheel for Playstation 2 $19.99

Diner Dash or Naruto for Nintendo DS $19.99

Drive FX Racing Wheel for Xbox 360 $39.99

Dynasty Warriors Empires for Xbox 360 $19.99

Free $30 Gift Card w/ Purchase of Playstation 2 System $129.99

Free Sylus & Case with Purchase of DS & Mario Party DS FREE

Frontman Wireless Guitar for Playstation 2 $39.99

Get up to 30% Extra Trade Credit EXTRA

Mortal Kombat Unchained for Sony PSP $9.99

Nintendo DS Lite Bundles (Nintendogs or Zelda) $149.99

Power Kit for Xbox 360 $9.99

Rainbox Six Vegas for PSP $9.99

Rockstar Table Tennis for Nintendo Wii $29.99

SanDisk 2GB Gaming Memory Stick Pro Duo Card $19.99

SanDisk 2GB Gaming Secure Digital Memory Card $19.99

Selected New PSP UMD Movies $3.99

Singstar Playstation 2 Bundle Pack $149.99

Sony PSP Bundles (Daxter or Star Wars) $199.99

Sports Pack, Console Stand or Remote Charger for Wii $9.99

The Sims 2 for PC $19.99

Tomb Raider for Sony PSP $19.99

Virtua Tennis 3 for Playstation 3 $19.99

Virtua Tennis 3 for Sony PSP $9.99

Wireless Controller for Playstation 3 $19.99

World of Conflict for PC $39.99

World of Warcraft for PC $9.99

Usually their sales aren't too good, but I'm glad to see they aren't selling the Zelda DS bundle for $169 like originally stated on their site and by employees. I wanted to see if they'd do a PS2 deal since I'm researching those for my friends, and the gift card isn't bad, but the TRU deal is MUCH better.