Official Non-Woot "Deal-a-Day" Sites Deal & Discussion Thread

Brad

Can anyone who has one give a review? 30gig sounds awesome, but how does it really compare to an IPOD? My DD really wants an Ipod for Christmas, but this looks like a lot more data space for a much cheaper price.

Right now, my dd has 558 songs, 12 pics, 21 movies/videos, and she's only used 7.9 gigs so far. I don't know anything really about the ipod, but personally, I love the screen on the Zune, it's big to me. It's really easy to sync., and it charges while you're doing that. My dh does most of the stuff like any updates or sync stuff. We purchase music mostly on itunes, then pull up the Zune page and it grabs everything we want that we've purchased. We do that, because we're always getting itunes gift cards as gifts--and I use itunes, so we all share.

One thing I wouldn't do is use it in the bathroom while showering. My dd was doing that for awhile and hooking it up to speakers, then we had troubles starting it a few times. She quit doing that and it's been fine. Too much humidity, I'm sure.

Not much of a review, I know. Just departing what I can think of right now.

Thanks for the info. After doing some internet searching for other reviews, I am soooo on the fence about this one. My 11yr old DD keeps saying that she wants an "Ipod" for Christmas. I guess that I'll wait and hope for some killer deal on one closer to Christmas.

here's a woot off tracker

http://www.bagsofcrap.com/wootsound.htm?item=Aerielle+Audiobug+FM+Transmitter&time=1180531346

Woot-Off

The site will occasionally deviate from the one-product-per-day model for a “Woot-Off”, where a succession of products are available for a period of unannounced length, usually 24-72 hours. This mode is indicated by rotating lights and a bar indicating the usually undisclosed amount of product remaining.

During an average two day Woot-off, Woot's sales typically exceed one million dollars.

*borrowed from wikipedia

< It's really easy to sync., and it charges while you're doing that. My dh does most of the stuff like any updates or sync stuff. >

Thanks for the info! One question though. Please excuse my lack of knowledge. What does this mean? The sync. thing? Does this require being hooked to the pc to charge? Is there a way to charge it using the wall outlet?

Any extra accessories that would be helpful?

Thanks so much!