Things that make you go hummm

CarpeDiem

Our walmart still actually has stuff from last BF and xmas clearance! I had been watching a transformer that in almost a year only dropped like $10 most of their "clearance" was like $1 off They had like 3 isles still of stuff :( So it makes me wonder how great their bf will be.

Anyone else's walmart like this? makes ya scratch your head.

I have been looking at a scrapbook item that has been at the same clearance price going on 3 years. They have 20 of them left probably. They have such crap in the clearance department and just recently added another aisle just outside of the garden department. Several years back I gots lots of cheap things but not anymore. It all has been sitting on the shelves since then.

You know it is funny you bring that up. In light of the "legal action", I myself was pondering the semi-same question. Last year Wal-mart's ad was posted early, almost three weeks early. They had some awesome deals. But the year before they only had a few good things and they threatened legal action. It does make you wonder if hmmmmm is it going to be the same this year or are they going to have super deals and don't want anyone to see them.:g_shrug:

Wal-mart clearance is always bad, and those darn Garth Brook CD's they still have them

I heard that they are bringing out three Garth Brooks sets this year, as they are redistributing unsold stock from the last two years, and adding them to the new album special that he is producing in conjunction with walmart. This trilogy will be aptly titled, "Sam and Garth, The final Insult":razz:

I heard that they are bringing out three Garth Brooks sets this year, as they are redistributing unsold stock from the last two years, and adding them to the new album special that he is producing in conjunction with walmart. This trilogy will be aptly titled, "Sam and Garth, The final Insult":razz:

:eyepoppin

LMFAO

I resemble that remark, we have every Garthzilla CD ever made..... my hubby is a nut for him!

;)

You know, I haven't been shopping at Walmart much lately, so I hadn't paid too close attention, but now that you mention it, their clearance prices stink lately. Years past, I could get some great deals. Jusst this past week I stopped in for something and couldn't resist the 4 aisles of clearance stuff. And it seemed like they still had clearance in every dept. None of it was worth buying (heavy shelf wear and ripped packages) and the prices remained high.

I've decided to forego any Chinese-made toys this year, which means I'll be shopping in specialty stores. But in support of this board (which I've haunted for years) I'll make sure to do the remainder of my Christmas shopping elsewhere. There are just too many other retailers that love customers for me to tolerate Walmart's attitude anymore.

originally posted by JENILYN

"I resemble that remark, we have every Garthzilla CD ever made..... my hubby is a nut for him! "

That sounds like us too. i was planning on buying the new garth cd, would I do better to wait until BF?

We have good clearance occasionally. I bought Crayola paint sprayers orig 14.88 for $2 about a month ago. They also have Camcorder cases with 3 JVC miniDV tapes for $6 orig 19.88. I have bought all of these because those miniDV tapes are alot higher than $6. I have no idea what to do with all those camera cases though.

Guest online_assistan
I am with you all about Walmart clearance. I would find the most AWESOME deals and now the whole garden center is FULL of weird broken clearance items. I really never thought anything of this until this forum thread. I have now switched completely over to Target clearance and I find something new and interesting everyday there. Slowly my walmart obsession is going away (cept for after holiday clearance).

We have literally no real clearance at either store. There is 1/2 an aisle at each-- and those items are the same one's that have been there for months and months-- there are a few things that are at least going on 1yr sitting on the shelf.

Then again our Target never get's the good clearance deal's you hear about on here either.

My stores must ship to somewhere else.