Success managing BB BF chaos

barc

Has anyone had any luck working with their BB prior to BF to ensure that the typical BF chaos is, if not eliminated, at least minimized? The last few years, we had line jumper problems, but last year, the men in blue were out in force and that solved that problem. The problem ast year was the "friends" that showed up around 4:00 am, often in packs of 4 or more, who just walked up and started standing with their buddies/family members. This is not much better than the blatant line jumping that occured previously. Has anyone been successful in working with their BB managers or customer service folks to nip that off. The BB associates came out and handed out coupons last year about 4:30. We started off at about #20 in line when we first lined up Thursday afternoon. But by the time they handed out the coupons, we were at least 50 back and everyone was taking the computer coupons and they ran out a few people ahead of us. Also, the coupon "hander-outers" seemed to arbitarily skip folks and you'd have to chase after them to get one. Any suggestions, especially ones that you've used that work?

Thanks

Get in line earlier. Thats pretty much the only way to combat such mess.

I'm honestly surprised that BB came out and policed the line, and I'd be even MORE surprised if it was the police who came out, since there are alot of lines in most areas.

The only thing that really worked for me is to just know your line mates. I've made a guide at other sites on managing line chaos.

CAN'T POST LINKS TOO NEW :(

Theres quite a few "systems" with quotes from people who have used them in the past.

Has anyone had any luck working with their BB prior to BF to ensure that the typical BF chaos is, if not eliminated, at least minimized? The last few years, we had line jumper problems, but last year, the men in blue were out in force and that solved that problem. The problem ast year was the "friends" that showed up around 4:00 am, often in packs of 4 or more, who just walked up and started standing with their buddies/family members. This is not much better than the blatant line jumping that occured previously. Has anyone been successful in working with their BB managers or customer service folks to nip that off. The BB associates came out and handed out coupons last year about 4:30. We started off at about #20 in line when we first lined up Thursday afternoon. But by the time they handed out the coupons, we were at least 50 back and everyone was taking the computer coupons and they ran out a few people ahead of us. Also, the coupon "hander-outers" seemed to arbitarily skip folks and you'd have to chase after them to get one. Any suggestions, especially ones that you've used that work?

Thanks

You have to get there earlier to get the good stuff. I was #5 in line, and I heard this kind of thing all night. Most of the complainers were around the corner, and it coincided with the line flexing with jumpers and cutters, some being family members. They tried to blame us, but to no avail. You have to keep it tight with your line mates. Get to know them and share some comeraderie and a cup of hot cocoa or coffee. It works!

Get in line earlier. Thats pretty much the only way to combat such mess.

I'm honestly surprised that BB came out and policed the line, and I'd be even MORE surprised if it was the police who came out, since there are alot of lines in most areas.

The only thing that really worked for me is to just know your line mates. I've made a guide at other sites on managing line chaos.

CAN'T POST LINKS TOO NEW :(

Theres quite a few "systems" with quotes from people who have used them in the past.

Welcome tothe community!

I dont think the site will let you post links from other BF sites. When other BF sites are in news stories posted it is blacked out.

Welcome tothe community!

I dont think the site will let you post links from other BF sites. When other BF sites are in news stories posted it is blacked out.

Lol thanks for the welcome. Its a pretty complex guide with alot of information and alot of links to videos and such. Maybe I should post it here?

Lol thanks for the welcome. Its a pretty complex guide with alot of information and alot of links to videos and such. Maybe I should post it here?

Please post it here if you don't mind. We don't allow links to other BF sites as they have spammed us in the past.

Thanks

******************************************************************** Barc, which BB did you go to?

******************************************************************** Barc, which BB did you go to?

Fairfax, Va. There are 5 BB within 15 miles of us. Perhaps we'll try a different one this year.

Last year was the second year that they had police officers policing the lines. There were too many line jumpers who showed up 15 minutes before they opened the doors and fights were breaking out.

GD should come up with a letter to give to store managers on how to manage the lines on BF. Give out coupons at 3:00 am instead of 5:00, have tags or wristbands of different colors and form lines with different colors and let them in the store in 5 minutes increments and send those with out the bands to the back of the line, send those who allow anyone to cut to the back of the line, etc. There are ways to combat this, but I suppose the profit is too great to turn off customers.

Please post it here if you don't mind. We don't allow links to other BF sites as they have spammed us in the past.

Brad, i'd love to just send it to you in an e-mail, and then maybe you can post it?

I'd PM it to you, but i'm too new to send one of those, either!

If you can pm me an email address or other way i'll give you all the info i've accumulated (its still growing :eyepoppin )

Our BB checked driver's license last year and you could only get one coupon per item per address. With them doing it this way, it really didn't matter how many people got in line in front of you after the tickets were passed out. Three of us waited in line and only one of us could have gone since they did it this way.

Our BB checked driver's license last year and you could only get one coupon per item per address. With them doing it this way, it really didn't matter how many people got in line in front of you after the tickets were passed out. Three of us waited in line and only one of us could have gone since they did it this way.

What location was this? I would hope to avoid that one! Does anyone know where their corporate policy is located in regard to limitations? Last year we had a young associate try to limit the ad to one ticketed item per person! It didn't fly. He almost had a riot on his hands and had to make a hasty retreat!:eyepoppin

What location was this? I would hope to avoid that one! Does anyone know where their corporate policy is located in regard to limitations? Last year we had a young associate try to limit the ad to one ticketed item per person! It didn't fly. He almost had a riot on his hands and had to make a hasty retreat!:eyepoppin

The DL thing happened to me 2 years ago in Frisco Texas but after 10 minutes of it the staff gave up.

Bring a notepad and a pen and have people sign in.

Last year, we arrived at 7:00pm the night before, and there were about 15 people in line in front of us. We started talking about the riot that usually happens the closer it gets to opening. I am from ND, and it is usually 10-25F, so there are people in tents and whatnot, so it is hard to keep track.

We numbered a paper from 1-100 and put our names down. As new people came, we flagged them down and had them sign up. Of course, once there are a lot of people there, it becomes pointless. Anyway, when it came time to hand out the ticketed items, there were a lot of people making sure people in front of them were on the list, and we used it to keep the "cutters" out.

The items, esp. the doorbusters, had differing limits. Some were listed in the ad as one per person, some were listed as one per household. Depended upon the item and scarcity and what demand BB thought the item would bring.