Worth getting the Kohl's card?

kimmie0712

As some other posters here, my Kohls card is my one and only "store" card. I usually avoid all store cards like the plague.

I really do use the Pick a Day % off and the 30, 20 15% off flyer (or codes posted here). As someone else mentioned the % off has no exclusions - even clearance items - you can't beat it.

I don't believe I have ever paid full (or none sale price) at Kohls.:D

i don't think anyone else has mentioned this and if they have i apologize, but you can use your card, get your discount and then turn around and pay it right back off at the register. for instance let's say you have a 20% off with your kohls card. use the card to make the purchase and get your 20% off and the total is $200 - the cashier can do a second transaction and you can pay off the $200 with cash or check right there

Like others who have posted, Kohl's is the only store credit card I have - and just this week I was notified that I've become a "Most Valued Customer" because I've done nearly all of my Xmas shopping online/in store this year. Digging through the Clearance racks is absolutely a form of therapy, especially when you've got an extra 30% from the mailers. I got my first 30% ad just a few weeks ago, and I squealed. Usually I get 15% so that was a nice surprise. It doesn't hurt that I live in walking distance of one of the stores too. :razz:

Love my Kohl's card. It is so worth it.

ok umm about the kohls cash if you look at the ad scan it mentions the 10 cash for every 50 spent nothing about having to have the card. Also having lots of store cards can impact you negatively but the boards(as in trans union and the like) like to see people with a variety of cards not just the major ones... the trick is to keep your total utilization in between 10 and 30 percent.

ok umm about the kohls cash if you look at the ad scan it mentions the 10 cash for every 50 spent nothing about having to have the card. Also having lots of store cards can impact you negatively but the boards(as in trans union and the like) like to see people with a variety of cards not just the major ones... the trick is to keep your total utilization in between 10 and 30 percent.

The 10 cash for every 50 you spend, is good on any tender. You do not have to use your kohls charge. :D

The 10 cash for every 50 you spend, is good on any tender. You do not have to use your kohls charge. :D

Except SOMETIMES you do need a card. Before I got my card I had shopped at Kohl's and NOT QUALIFIED for the Kohl's cash because I didn't have a card. I had ALSO shopped Kohl's without a card and gotten Kohl's cash. It just depends.

The first BF that I shopped at Kohl's, we signed up for the card to get the 15% off everything we bought that day. I think it was good the whole day and maybe even online too. That was great. And since then, I get coupons almost every month for %'s off. Card holders do get special deals all throughout the year. As others have posted, I too have received by pick a day 15% off and am debating whether to use it tonight on the night owl sale or save it for BF.

Guest RealLivePrinces

Personally, I think our card is one of the best. And I can't be too slanted since it's not like I'm trying to solicit here! hehe

Kohl's charge holders are given 12 times every year to save just for using it. That can mean getting Kohl's cash (not all Kohl's cash events are exclusive to cardholders, but sometimes they are), 15% coupons in the mail, catalogs or scratch-off lottery cards with 15, 20 or 30% off, or straight 10% or 15% discounts off the total.

If customers spend $600 a year or more, they get a gold card and 6 more savings opportunities per qualified year (6 more coupons in the mail!)

Some states also have an interest free card as long as the holder pays $50 or a third of the balance every month.

Kohl's charge users can also pay off their card right after using it at the same register, or online. Last year, charge users also received free makeup samples (or coupons for free makeup and sometimes it was full size!).