Best Buys with indoor line for BF

RoccoP

I live on Long Island where the weather is pretty cold on Thanksgiving night. I don't mind waiting in line early but I hate the cold. Does anyone know of any Best Buy's or Ciricuit City's that have you line up indoors because maybe they are part of a shopping mall. I was particularly interested in the West Nyak mall. It would be worth me travelling an hour or so just to be indoors.

Thanks

RP

I live on Long Island where the weather is pretty cold on Thanksgiving night. I don't mind waiting in line early but I hate the cold. Does anyone know of any Best Buy's or Ciricuit City's that have you line up indoors because maybe they are part of a shopping mall. I was particularly interested in the West Nyak mall. It would be worth me travelling an hour or so just to be indoors.

Thanks

RP

Welcome to the community!

The best way to find out where people line up at the BB you want to go to is to go to the store and ask the manager. He/She will know and I know most stores will post signs that say "Line Starts Here". Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome. It seems like all the Long Island stores are outdoors. My previous experience was with tempertures below freezing. So staying outside is not comfortable. I was hoping someone was aware of an indoor wait location based on previous experience.

--Rocco--

My previous experience was with tempertures below freezing. So staying outside is not comfortable. I was hoping someone was aware of an indoor wait location based on previous experience.

Are you kidding?? That's half the fun! What's BF without frostbite?? I feel sorry for those people in Florida that have to wait outside in 70 degree temperatures! ;)

Are you kidding?? That's half the fun! What's BF without frostbite?? I feel sorry for those people in Florida that have to wait outside in 70 degree temperatures! ;)

HA I wish we had 70 degrees. It might start out in the early afternoon but at night its cold to us in the low 50s and some 40s at least in Pensacola... and its a wet cold so its chills you to the bone.. I am orginally from PA so I KNOW cold weather and let me tell you I freeze my booty off on BF in FLA :yup:

it doesnt help that I am out there for 15 hours or more .. Let me just say foot/hand warmers are your best friend. If you can get your toes /fingers warm it helps a lot

HA I wish we had 70 degrees. It might start out in the early afternoon but at night its cold to us in the low 50s and some 40s at least in Pensacola... and its a wet cold so its chills you to the bone.. I am orginally from PA so I KNOW cold weather and let me tell you I freeze my booty off on BF in FLA :yup:

it doesnt help that I am out there for 15 hours or more .. Let me just say foot/hand warmers are your best friend. If you can get your toes /fingers warm it helps a lot

:shock: 40s/50s?! Two years ago it was in the single digits. Try that!

We brought a portable heater/grill, whatever you call it, and kept warm in Jacksonville, outside of Bestbuy.:jump3:

• 2 weeks later...

you could check the pallisades mall in Nanuet, NY (if you are willing to travel that far)

they have lots of store in the mall.

I would be willing to make the trip but do they let you lineup inside the mall or do they make you lineup by the outside entrance?

To make the trip up there just to end up outside in the cold would not be that great.

So if anyone has ever waited at this BB for black friday please chime in an d let me know where they lineup---either inside the mall or outside in the cold.

--Rocco--

in the past when i go to a store that is inside of a mall they let you line up inside and out (if you like). but its the mall that decides if you get to line up inside cuz they controll the main mall doors. atleast thats the way it works in kansas city. i hope this helps you out.

I was hoping that someone who lined up in the Palisades Center in Nyak last year could confirm that they were able to line-up indoors or not.

So to be clear if you lined up last year or know for a fact about how they lined up at the Best Buy at the Palisades Center in West Nyak, please confirm if the front of the line was in the mall or outside the mall in the cold.

Thanks

--Rocco--

Yes, last year we were allowed to line up inside. There is a bathroom right there and the doors to the mall are never locked. BE advised many people in this area know about it and last year around 12:00pm I counted 300 people on line for Best Buy. almost the length of the mall. We got to Circuit City in the mall around 10:30 and were about 50th-65th in line. I heard Best Buys was very orderly, circuit city on the other hand was the biggest joke.

I agree about the fun of BF being in sub-freezing weather. And those of you in cold climates might just be happy with what you have. In my experience (3 years in the north, 2 in the south) lines in the south started a lot earlier and were over 75 people a lot more quickly than the ones in the north. The north cold seemed to keep the faint-at-heart away. I'm living in the south now, so I will be lining up 5 or so hours earlier than I would need to in the north.

. I heard Best Buys was very orderly, circuit city on the other hand was the biggest joke.

Why was CC a joke? not an orderly line or lack of product in stock? We are home this year and live only 10 minutes from the palisades center

It was a joke because of the orderly line part. We actually had to drag those large purple benches from the entire 2nd floor to create an area where people could not jump in front of us and they still did. when the guys came out to hand out the doorbuster tickets, so many people who were waiting across the way (they must have got there 1 hour before opening) ran at the door and the guys from circuit city actually gave some of them tickets.

Also, if you were lucky enough to get a ticket (my friend did), you were let in the store BEFORE it opened to everyone else, and you were allowed to shop all of the other items. By the time they opened the doors to everyone, there was NOTHING left. Luckily I called my friend and he just grabbed everything he could find for us. A real waste of time.