KB Toys

niki2202

Anyone else going to be shopping there on BF? Thanks to the deals that I've gotten on this site, I only have a few things I'll need at KB. Do you think they'll have the Fisher Price sale like they've had the past few years? I wonder if sales will be down because of the toy recalls. Either way, I can't wait to see their ad! I'm getting so excited.....only 41 more days! :cheesy:

I waited in a long line outside the mall to get inside to make a mad dash to KB Toys one year at 5 or 6 am.

Once inside the store, they had the door-buster items placed throughout the store like a treasure hunt - and you could only walk one way through the store! They used boxes of big toys (ride-ons, Barbie cruise ship, etc.) stacked up, to prevent people from moving freely within the store. Each aisle was one-way, heading through a maze to the registers.

It was chaotic. I do not think the fire chief would have been impressed, either, had an evacuation been necessary.

I've never gone back.

Anyone else going to be shopping there on BF? Thanks to the deals that I've gotten on this site, I only have a few things I'll need at KB. Do you think they'll have the Fisher Price sale like they've had the past few years? I wonder if sales will be down because of the toy recalls. Either way, I can't wait to see their ad! I'm getting so excited.....only 41 more days! :cheesy:

my kids are older (10 and 13) so i didn't pay much attention to the recall - i know it was lead based paint, so the only danger is if they put the toys in their mouth right? Just curious what to watch for b/c on BF i pick up birthday gifts for the rest of the year if i can find good sales

I went to KB one year at 5 or 6 not real sure only had too wait 5 min for the door to open it didn't have a long line at all. They had all the doorbusters in one area it was nice I grabed what I wantted and was out in 15 min. I liked the way that was set up and would go back if they had something one of the kids wanted but they haven't had anything since that year.

I was also there when they had the BOGO FP toys and last year when they had the B2G1 FP. I hope they do the BOGO again this year! Doesn't sound like too many people will be shopping there....this is the only toy store close to us....Toys R Us is close to 2 hrs away, so KB's it is!

• 2 weeks later...
We DO NOT go anywhere near KB's until long after the doorbusters are over!Our's is also a very small store in the mall and they form a line back the mall and only let in a certain amount of people. You basically get in line as soon as they let you in and just pick up the items you need as the line moves. We tried this one year, didn't go until about 9am and we were "stuck" in the store for over an hour before we said forget it and crowded our way back out through the entrance!! By the time we get there now, if we even bother to go, the place is totally ramsacked! NOT worth the trouble to me!

that sounds like the way our KB was, i went there once and you had to walk around the entire store to get what you want. (no thanks) The eventful part was when this poor woman in front of me had a box fall off the shelf and hit her in the head, she had blood gushing. People were complaining because she had to walk past them to seek medical attention. :eek:

I only been to KB once on black friday and that was the year of the furby but I wasnt even there for one of those. I was there for the nintendo 64..It was very crowded and you have only one way in and one way out. I am clausterphobic so I couldnt handle it .. To small of a store for me.. Plus now my kids are all teens I dont need KB .. BEST BUY ALL THE WAY:)

I got a coupon at the bottom of my receipt from a purchase last night that states:

40% off any one regular priced toy 12AM-5AM, Friday, Nov. 23. This store ONLY with

coupon. Limit 1 coupon per household.

My store is in Wilmington, DE.

I waited in a long line outside the mall to get inside to make a mad dash to KB Toys one year at 5 or 6 am.

Once inside the store, they had the door-buster items placed throughout the store like a treasure hunt - and you could only walk one way through the store! They used boxes of big toys (ride-ons, Barbie cruise ship, etc.) stacked up, to prevent people from moving freely within the store. Each aisle was one-way, heading through a maze to the registers.

It was chaotic. I do not think the fire chief would have been impressed, either, had an evacuation been necessary.

I've never gone back.

I went to the outlet mall in Edinburgh and it was the same story... In the end, I wish I had bought the item elsewhere. I could have beat the price!

NOT TO ALARM SOME OF YOU BUT YOUR KB TOYS MAY NOT BE PARTICIPATING THIS YEAR (OR EVER), as they are CLOSING 156 MORE STORES by JAN 2008!!!

to see if your store is participating or closing...:

http://locator.mykbtoysstore.com/StoreLocator.htm

for you ohioans:

these are closing and will not be participating in any national advertisments (including black friday)...the liquidation has started and everything is 10 % off...so by christmas should have a good buy...maybe...

Marion-Southland Mall...closing

Columbus-Easton Marketplace...closing

Cincinnati-Kenwood Town Center-Closing

Dayton-Dayton Mall...closing

Defiance-Northtowne Mall...closing

Findlay-Findlay Village Mall...closing

Lancaster-River Valley Mall...closing

the rest are opening at 5am...or Lodi location at MIDNIGHT

wow, they're closing both kb toy liquidators in my state AND 2 of the 3 mall location regular stores. Why are they doing this? :(

I may have to go check and see if I can get these nightlights for my niece and nephew....before they close permanently.