Hobby Shops

TerReuv

I think you might be better off watching for coupons for Tower Hobbies. Local Hobby Shops don't usually do much for BF, mostly because they are small independent owned shops that are barely making a living to begin with. If you have a Horizon Hobby or Hobby Lobby (not the craft store) near you, you could possible find some sort of in-store deals.

• 2 weeks later...
I know our Hobby Lobby (the craft store) has model trains and a few RC things....never really looked at them. I know some of the trains they carry are $400-500 and they have a 40% off a regular priced item coupon on their website a lot. They very well may have RC boats. You may check them out and keep an eye out for them. I'll look at ours and see if they have anything like that, they carry a little more of that stuff around christmas and the coupon is an awesome deal.

Hi folks, I work at one of those local mom 'n' pop hobby stores.

Before shopping at Tower Hobbies, or Horizon Hobbies websites, use the store locator sections of their sites to find local stores that can sell the products to you. Those stores probably can't match the prices that Tower, or Horizon can offer you, but they can come close.

Another thing to consider, if your r/c car/plane/boat has a problem that you cannot figure out using the "instruction" manuals they include, it would be good to have a little bit of goodwill at the local shop before you bring in your toy for service. I know I tend to give better service to people who put money in our coffers, rather than those of Tower, or Horizon directly.

If you have any questions about those products, please feel free to ask! I've been working there for over 6 years now and have seen just about everything..lol

-Mike