XBOX 360 or Playstation 3????

• 2 weeks later...

can you play old xbox games on the 360??

Also,,can someone explain the difference to me between the 360 "arcade" & the regular consoles, (besides the $70 price difference). I'm LOST! LOL

tia

I'm pretty sure you can play the original Xbox games on the Premium/Pro 360. Now that there are the newer models, I'm not sure on that. The Arcade bundle has replaced the core system.

can you play old xbox games on the 360??

Also,,can someone explain the difference to me between the 360 "arcade" & the regular consoles, (besides the $70 price difference). I'm LOST! LOL

tia

you can play MOST original xbox games..at this point most of the big titles are available, I still own some xbox games that I can't play on 360. The Arcade version does not include the 20gb hard drive like the premium or halo 3 consoles, but it comes with 5 free arcade games.

Hi, my husband works with at least 100 boys, ages 17 to 22. They have a lounge with a Wii, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

They play the Xbox 360 all the time, and rarely if ever play the Playstation3. My husband is considering trading/selling the Playstation3 for another Xbox 360.

Also the Xbox 360 costs less, so you can pick up the Xbox 360 and games for the same price as just a Playstation3.

My husband and I were talking about your post and he wanted me to mention a few things about the Xbox 360.

Warranty

The Xbox 360 has a 3 year warranty on it. Their customer service is very good and they are easy to talk to. If they are unable to fix your problem over the phone they will send you a postage paid box and you send in your Xbox 360. They will either fix it or replace it free of charge during the warranty.

XboxLIVE

XboxLive is pretty cool. You will need high speed internet and XboxLive is $49.99 a year or $7.99 a month.

Besides just playing games online. You can also download movie trailers and playable game demo's for free. Also you can try for free XboxLive Arcade games and if you like the game and want to play the full version you pay about $5-$10 per game. You can also rent movies on XboxLive and sometimes they have free movies also. As well as television shows.

A good gift to go along with the game system you choose is a Blockbuster or other movie store gift card. A lot of them rent games now. They are about $8.00 per game, and this way you can play a game and see if you like it enough to buy. We began doing this after my husband bought a game and didn't like it as much as he thought he would. Then if you trade it in to a game store you barely recieve half of the game price in credit.

I hope this helps. Have a good evening!

We have had an Xbox 360 since last Christmas. The first one died 12/28 and we didn't get a replacement unit until the end of January. That one died 10/19, and after requesting the repair and waiting for a box to return it they just received it back to the service center 11/12. FYI, our failures have all been the "red ring of death".

That being said, when it works we've enjoyed it immensely. It has great games, and the live service is good for donwloading demos and Xbox live arcade games. You can use the service free of charge unless you play on-line multiplayer games - and of course movie and TV series rentals or full versions of the arcade titles.

I'm anxiously awaiting the "killer app" for PS3 that will generate the interest that the system may deserve, especially with the recent release of the $399.00 system. Otherwise, the majority of top 10 titles are released on both systems so the advantage of one over the other is more of a personal preference.

The 60gb and 80gb both cost $499, and the 80gb comes with a game. Some retailers are bundling an extra with the 60gb to get them off the shelves, but whatever is left on shelves is all there is so it's a YMMV.

Or, if you don't care about playing PS2 games on it, you can get the 40gb for $399 (releases at the end of the week).

My son was just telling me the price dropped to $399.....I guess the GB's did too? lol

I'm still up in the air about what system to buy! I think for the age range of my kids and the price I might go with the Wii for this year,lol. They are 3,8,11 & 12.

My son was just telling me the price dropped to $399.....I guess the GB's did too? lol

I'm still up in the air about what system to buy! I think for the age range of my kids and the price I might go with the Wii for this year,lol. They are 3,8,11 & 12.

Sony released the 80gb in August to replace the 60gb model, and then dropped the price to $499 (from $599) about a month or so ago. The 40gb model ($399) was released a couple of weeks ago.

I got my PS3 about 1-2 weeks ago (80gb) and am very pleased with my purchase. The graphics appear to be better on the PS3 than on the 360 from what I have seen so far. I also picked up the Spider-Man Trilogy on Blu-Ray, and put on the third movie for a quick preview, and was amazed with the picture (it's making my HD channels look more like SD these days, lol).