Prime Outlets

Cannon1

Prime Outlets (Williamsburg, VA).

2006 had 1st BF.

Opened at MIDNIGHT.

ALL stores participated. (Bose, Carter, LLBean, etc...).

Convenient, with a opening at 12 am, allowed folks to be in & out, and still hit other stores prior to their opening.

http://www.primeoutlets.com/

Since first year, there was ALOT of traffic congestion by 10:30pm prior Hence, recon your route ahead of time.Local & county law enforcement was on hand, and plan on increasing their presence this year. Literally, there were 6 mile backups in southern directions (Fr Rchmnd), and northern (Fr Hmptn Rds). Hint: Parking was at a premium, by 11pm overflow parking just south at F Lion was being used, but traffic was not being directed/still allowed into Prime Outlet. Meaning, if you elected to pull into Prime Outlet's parking, you spent 15min circling about, then went to overflow.

Midnight opening definitely had it's advantages. Friends were 40mi away at Rchmnd CC. Made only one stop at 'Prime (LeCreuset @ $300+ w/%45 discount). Was at Rchmnd CC by 2am-#3 in line.

Will have as 1st visit on list again this year.

Oh, and seasonal temps on first experience. Williamsburg was balmy/60 degrees, while inland at Rchmnd was 40 degrees with parkas & blankets - just 40 mile away!!!

Prime Outlets in Pleasant Prairie, WI (just North of IL/WI border on I-94) was open at midnight last year, but not all the shops opened up. In fact, those that didn't open up right away pretty much opened late, because store managers couldn't find places to park.

I didn't go last year but my mom and I were up at Jeffersonville a few weeks ago and one of the sales people told me they are doing it again... Not sure if its the whole outlet center or a few stores... from what I heard about last year... it was absolutely nuts!!!

I didn't go last year but my mom and I were up at Jeffersonville a few weeks ago and one of the sales people told me they are doing it again... Not sure if its the whole outlet center or a few stores... from what I heard about last year... it was absolutely nuts!!!

Jeffersonville, Ohio was absolutely nuts last year!! I went along with some family and we went down early thank goodness because if we hadn't we would've been stuck on the freeway. It was backed up for miles and miles any direction. Some people were pulling off the side of the freeway parking their car on the berm or grass and jumping the fence...yeah smart...the police were promptly having all those cars towed :lmao: it was quite funny to watch all the cars getting towed. Like duh you can't park on the freeway even if it is BF! We managed to get out of there with what we wanted and back into our town for shopping in the morning -- but not early enough to get in any lines or anything of course.

Jeffersonville, Ohio was absolutely nuts last year!! I went along with some family and we went down early thank goodness because if we hadn't we would've been stuck on the freeway. It was backed up for miles and miles any direction. Some people were pulling off the side of the freeway parking their car on the berm or grass and jumping the fence...yeah smart...the police were promptly having all those cars towed :lmao: it was quite funny to watch all the cars getting towed. Like duh you can't park on the freeway even if it is BF! We managed to get out of there with what we wanted and back into our town for shopping in the morning -- but not early enough to get in any lines or anything of course.

Would you do it again?

Did anyone go to the outlets in Illinois (Aurora) last year? I'm heading up that way for Thanksgiving this year to visit family and I'm wondering if I should start there before the early morning shopping begins. Is it worth it? Traffic issues or tips? Good sales? Any info, tips, or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I believe it was only 10% last year, but super packed. There line was 50+ people outside the door.

It was 10% off here as well, at Premium Outlets. And the line was about 300 or so deep by midnight...it was insanity. The line stretched all thru the mall, and all across the parking lot. The way the mall is set up...thats a LOOOONG line!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it was only 10% last year, but super packed. There line was 50+ people outside the door.

my coach outlet was only letting people in that had a certain coupon. when xx left the store, xx were allowed to go in. extremely controlled!