Overnight In Line again for any specific items?

thunderz

I was one of many who slept OUTSIDE overnight last year for a PS3 and a Wii (separate nights). Anyone know if there are gonna be any more big releases for these types of items this season? I haven't heard of any yet. I knew about the PS3 & Wii coming out for over a year. Many thanks!

No new systems coming out this year, and while there may be midnight events for some games (such as the new Guitar Hero / Rock Band games), they won't be in such demand where you have to be there at midnight.

So the waiting in line will likely be just for BF, or if a store like Wal-Mart decides to have more special deals a week or two before like they did last year.

Two years ago I waited at BB starting at 10pm in 10 degree weather by myself. I got the lappy I wanted. Toughest part was when we got in the store and I had to shed my several layers of clothing or have a heat stroke. That, and not eating or drinking anything so I wouldn't have to leave the line to go to the bathroom. It will be nice to go with a friend so we can tag-team the line which is what most people did. Man it was cold!!

I'm wishing for single digits this year to keep the lines down. The cold doesnt' bother me! (and I'm a girl!)

I'm typing this post on my ze2308wm laptop that I sat overnight for in wal-mart back on 05.. since it still works great, I won't need to sit in line for another one this year. :)

Oh God... the battery on that thing crapped out on me in just under a year... ironically... right before BF'06, where I bought Best Buy's laptop to replace it.

I slept out at BB last year...NEVER AGAIN. So many line jumpers and BB did nothing to stop them even when they openly did it. Then I told them i wanted the laptop and they said they were out and then gave a few to people in line BEHIND ME. I was so upset I complained to everyone i could find at BB and they were just like "tough"...to add insult to hunger/cold/sickness someone stole my sleeping bag. Freaking nightmare.

Nothing sticks out this year that I would wait out for. in 05, I got the HP Ze2308wm laptop from Walmart, which is still going strong ( gave it to my cousin who enjoys it), and in 06, got the Compaq v5000 laptop, also from Walmart, for myself. I am on it right now typing this post. all i have done to it was upgrade the memory to 1 /1/2 gigs and it works flawlessly. in 05, it was so cold, but in 06, it was very mild, so it wasn't that bad at all waiting outside.