My Ipod is obselete

Great...I have a 30G Video Ipod and it's obselete now!!! Darn Apple!!!!!!!!!!! The new 80G is the same price as I paid!

Think about those fools who bought 8GB iPhones on eBay on the first day for $1200+! http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sad%20Upset/crying2.gif

Great...I have a 30G Video Ipod and it's obselete now!!! Darn Apple!!!!!!!!!!! The new 80G is the same price as I paid!

I feel your pain! I have an 80GB & I paid $400 for it! Now they are $250 & the 160GB is the price I paid for mine. But what I'm most sick about is I just in July got my son his 2G Ipod for $149 and now to find out I could have got him a 4GB and it plays movies makes me mad cuz he always wants to watch the movies on mine. But I worry cuz I paid so much for mine that he might jack it up haha

I did buy the warrenty on mine so if anything goes wrong on it they will have to give me an upgraded Ipod so I'm happy bout that!

I did buy the warrenty on mine so if anything goes wrong on it they will have to give me an upgraded Ipod so I'm happy bout that!

Not to burst your bubble, but if your current iPod needs to go in for service, they'll probably either fix it or give you a refurb version of the exact same iPod.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sorry%20Help/sorry.gif

Not to burst your bubble, but if your current iPod needs to go in for service, they'll probably either fix it or give you a refurb version of the exact same iPod.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sorry%20Help/sorry.gif

Not always! I had a friend that her battery had issues & she got the extended protection & they didn't sell her current model & she got a new one & it was upgraded.

I can understand them trying to fix it if it was fixable but they aren't gonna give people a refurbed one when you got yours brand new w/a protection plan. If they tried to do that to me I would be pissed!

The only way I could see them givin a refurbed on is if you bought a refured one to begin with.

Not always! I had a friend that her battery had issues & she got the extended protection & they didn't sell her current model & she got a new one & it was upgraded.

I can understand them trying to fix it if it was fixable but they aren't gonna give people a refurbed one when you got yours brand new w/a protection plan. If they tried to do that to me I would be pissed!

The only way I could see them givin a refurbed on is if you bought a refured one to begin with.

It sucks I know, but they do it all the time. It states in the warranty that they can send you a refurbished one if they choose to. What p'd me off was, I bought ds17 and dh each a brand new ipod for xmas several years ago (they were the 20g 4th gen. was when they first came out) Well, they come with a 1 year warranty, and wouldn't you know it, they both quit working after 1 year and 1 month!! Called apple and was told I could send in for repair for $249. We ended up buying new ones. Now we have 3 of the video ipods in the house.

Of course, ds17 wants the new video ipod with touch screen for xmas now!! (Funny thing is, he was away at camp all week, and when we picked him up friday, what was the first thing he asked when he got into the car? What did apple announce? LOL) Think dh wants it too :)