22" or larger LCD monitors?

PdT

Thedy had the Westinghouse 22" widescreen for $199. Also another nice 19" widescreen for about $129. They should have more again this year as current monitors are gettin' larger and utilizing more state-of-the-art technology while the others are gettin' cheaper. Let's hope for a slight drop, or maybe a huge one, in prices.

I don't think it will be any stretch to see a 22" for under $200. They already run around $230, if you watch for them.

True. The way monitor prices have been dropping lately we should see some pretty sweet widescreen LCD monitor deals this BF. Most 21"+ should be on sale around $200, but there might be a few for even within the $100 mark. :D

Thedy had the Westinghouse 22" widescreen for $199. Also another nice 19" widescreen for about $129. They should have more again this year as current monitors are gettin' larger and utilizing more state-of-the-art technology while the others are gettin' cheaper. Let's hope for a slight drop, or maybe a huge one, in prices.

There is a news article about how the 22 inch monitor panels are in short supply now, but the good news is that the 42 inchers are predicted to be in the $700 price range. the 35/38 inchers are reported to be falling to $299-$399. You can get the headlines over at Toms hardware.:yup: This is supposed to happen just before christmas.:eyepoppin

That was the samsung. i got one for my son. it has a 2000:1 contrast ratio! a beaut!

There is a news article about how the 22 inch monitor panels are in short supply now, but the good news is that the 42 inchers are predicted to be in the $700 price range. the 35/38 inchers are reported to be falling to $299-$399. You can get the headlines over at Toms hardware.:yup: This is supposed to happen just before christmas.:eyepoppin

Those prices might happen. Every year prices drop bit by bit. But it's questionable by how much since old-style (non-LCD) tube TVs are still being produced and sold.

Far as PC monitors, the 21-22" are becoming more popular and dropping in price as bigger monitors are released. 24" are out now and even bigger ones with VGA and digital inputs are arriving. I think the bare minimum people will accept these days is about 19" and those are going down into the $100-200 mark.

There have already been several 22" wide deals this year for <$200.

I'm going to guess that you can get a 22" for $149-$169 on BF. There will be several deals for $189-$199 as well.

I think the 22" is where the sweet spot will be this year. The 24" monitors are still a bit pricey, but you may see one for $389 or so.

Just my predictions.

:)

I am in total bliss with the 22" and my regret is that I didn't buy another one. I would love to dual panel my box with those.

My old set-up was a 17" HP laptop with a 19" standard width Dell LCD as a dual-screen.

I just bought a 14.1" laptop and a 14.1" LCD (for dual-screens). I plan on building a tower and adding a pair of 20" or 22" above the 14.1"s... Quad-screens, baby! The two bigger ones for working, the laptop for Outlook and the other 14.1" for TV or DVDs.

My old set-up was a 17" HP laptop with a 19" standard width Dell LCD as a dual-screen.

I just bought a 14.1" laptop and a 14.1" LCD (for dual-screens). I plan on building a tower and adding a pair of 20" or 22" above the 14.1"s... Quad-screens, baby! The two bigger ones for working, the laptop for Outlook and the other 14.1" for TV or DVDs.

http://www.naplestech.com/shopcart/prodimages/ktp440_large448.jpg

22" + 22" x 22" + 22"

Hmmmm ... tempting. Very tempting. :D

If BB does have a deal on 22" monitors I bet they'll be under $179 b/c the second week of august they had 22" Westinghouse for $179, I bought 2! I didn't want to try to get one on BF and the closest BB is an hour away. They specs weren't super great but I fired up Photoshop (I'm a proffesional photographer) and the color depth was wonderful. I ordered one online and when I saw how it looked I drove to the store to buy another one! It's also great for World of Warcraft...I guess I'll never grow up!

• 1 month later...
If I remember last year, there it was both BB and Staples with 20/21/22" WS monitors on sale. I went to staples (almost no line) and got the 21" for $179 If memory serves me. I hate giving away my secrets, but few of you live around me, so check some of the other retailers like OM, OD and Staples if you have only 1-2 items you really want and they may have an equal deal with a lot less line = less waiting + more chance of getting the item you want.

If I remember last year, there it was both BB and Staples with 20/21/22" WS monitors on sale. I went to staples (almost no line) and got the 21" for $179 If memory serves me. I hate giving away my secrets, but few of you live around me, so check some of the other retailers like OM, OD and Staples if you have only 1-2 items you really want and they may have an equal deal with a lot less line = less waiting + more chance of getting the item you want.

Precisely why I only go to OM, OD and Staples! :razz:

If BB does have a deal on 22" monitors I bet they'll be under $179 b/c the second week of august they had 22" Westinghouse for $179, I bought 2! I didn't want to try to get one on BF and the closest BB is an hour away. They specs weren't super great but I fired up Photoshop (I'm a proffesional photographer) and the color depth was wonderful. I ordered one online and when I saw how it looked I drove to the store to buy another one! It's also great for World of Warcraft...I guess I'll never grow up!

I am going to guess that someone will have 22"'ers for $139. I got my wife's 22" four months ago for $169 AR from Fry's ($239 instore), and they were $179 AR just last week.

Here are the specs for the 24" Soyo Widescreen LCD monitor in the Office Max ad (item #2136-1009) from officemax.com:

Screen Size..........24" Widescreen

Contrast Ratio..........1000:1

Resolution..........1920 x 1200

Response Time..........6ms

Audio..........2 Integrated Speakers

MFGR Warranty..........1 Year Limited

Aspect Ratio..........16:10

Color..........Black

Inputs..........15-pin mini D-sub VGA and DVI-D connections

Weight/Dimensions..........13.45 lbs; 22.93" x 18.39" x 7.46"

Additional Features

Viewing Angle: 170° (vertical), 160° (horizontal)

Bandwidth: 135MHz

Brightness 500 cd/m2

Compatibility PC/Mac

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku.jsp?skuId=21361009&searchString=&productId=prod380042

....the 24" Soyo Widescreen LCD monitor from Officemax:

I agree the 24" Soyo has a good price for its size, but it's a SOYO! :yuck::gdpuke::crash:

(Sorry 'bout the liberal use of the smilies, but Soyo has left a very bad taste in my mouth, as well as lots of others...........)