Last Year's BF problem

setlok73

Did anyone else have this happen last year?

We were in line all night...number 3 and 4 in line...and when they came out with the tickets, they started skipping people.

The first guy with tickets, goes to numbers 1/2 in line asked them if they wanted *whatever it was* so 2nd guy with tickets skips them and comes to us 3/4 (so now number 1 & 2 have been passed over for item #2). Anyway...so this keeps happening where those of us in front were being skipped over and really ticking people off. This almost started a riot. It did get corrected and we received everything we were waiting for but just curious if this happened at any other BB.

Did anyone else have this happen last year?

We were in line all night...number 3 and 4 in line...and when they came out with the tickets, they started skipping people.

The first guy with tickets, goes to numbers 1/2 in line asked them if they wanted *whatever it was* so 2nd guy with tickets skips them and comes to us 3/4 (so now number 1 & 2 have been passed over for item #2). Anyway...so this keeps happening where those of us in front were being skipped over and really ticking people off. This almost started a riot. It did get corrected and we received everything we were waiting for but just curious if this happened at any other BB.

Do you live in NJ becuase we had that happen to me and my mom we were ticked. But come to find out they really didnt go by the tickets. A guy in front of me requested like 3 or 4 things without tickets and the girl did it and I wanted a laptop and I said do I need a ticket and the girl said no becuase they messed it up and gave me the laptop anyways I was happy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of people were griping about BB folks skipping people in line last year. Hopefully they'll change their policy just a tad this year so that doesn't happen as much anymore.

I mean, really. Just how hard is it to go from #1 person in line to person #2 to person #3 and so on? :confused: Maybe if everyone was all jumbled up instead of in a nicely formed straight line, but is basic counting not a requirement to be a BB employee?

Ours is very organized including law enforcement at the front door to handle the line jumpers. They go down the line and continue after they run out of each ticket telling people the item is all sold out so they don't wait for nothing. They also pass out coffee, juice, snacks and a store map of where the sale items & check outs are located.

Wow Beer, that's excellent customer service!

We wish, huh? :D Some of us could use a good shot after waiting in line for over 12 hours. :tongue1:

I think last year a few folks on these boards make a small fortune by going from store to store with a food cart selling food and drinks to the line waiters. That wasn't a bad idea. :yup:

• 2 weeks later...

lol, you think? This time I'm going to speak to Mgr. ahead of time. When you stand in line that long & sacrifice your sleep, Turkey Day & brave the the elements(yes, we got very cold even here in FL) you expect to have a reasonable shot at getting what you want.

LOL.. Im sorry that is way funny..c old in FL? LOL.. MI is way way way colder. I have gone out on BF with 5 layers of clothes on and STILL froze..:(

LOL.. Im sorry that is way funny..c old in FL? LOL.. MI is way way way colder. I have gone out on BF with 5 layers of clothes on and STILL froze..:(

Yes honey, remember our blood gets thinner living down here. I had on 3 layers,including sweats, jacket & 2 blankets on top of all that & still my teeth was chattering. I only weigh 85 lbs. so always feel colder anyway, but it was REALLY...... cold! BTW, I feel for you, as I used to do BF in Ohio, so I've been there too, lol Hope you're warmer this yr. :>)