Personal Shopping Assistants on Black Friday experiences??

DramaQueenLucy

• 2 weeks later...
I have had great experiences at Best Buy the last three years on Black Friday. We are usually about number 30-40 in line. After the tickets for the door busters are given out at my store several personal Shopping Assistants come out and ask if you would like to use them. They write down any & everything you want if it is on the sale bill and they take your door buster tickets. Then they go inside and fill up a cart or flat bed cart with all your loot. Right before the doors open they let the customers with PA's in the store. Every year I have been able to be out of the store by 5:15. They even had someone help me load the 32" Westy TV last year!!

One worry about the BF PSA, I had it setup at the end of October, called on the Monday of BF week, and it was all set, then on Wed, I got a call saying they were not going have the PSA's do that particular work on BF. And my appointment was with the manager of the department. That really ticked me off.

I'm a guy, and when I called them asking to sign up for this program, they told me that they had it, but that it was actually catered towards women. So I asked if that meant that I couldn't do it. They responded that women had priority and if not enough people called, they'd call me back...needless to say, they never called me back...

That's bogus. You should sue them for discrimination... ha

I would as well!! F-That!!! You asked for help with a service they offer and they turn you down because you're not a woman?? If it were reversed.....you'd be hearing about it til next Christmas!! Not Cool!!!

FYI to anyone in the Utica, MI area: Inspite of posted messages to the contrary, I just called the Utica, MI Best Buy store (store #402) and was advised that the Utica Best Buy is giving first priority to Black Friday limited quantity/door buster items to those individuals who have appointments with personal shoppers, even if they have NOT waited in line to receive a ticket.

I just called my Best Buy and was told that they are no longer doing the PSA on Black Friday. What is the deal with that? She made it sound like it was a companywide decision which obviously is not the case since others are able to make appts.

What a bummer!

I just got an email from my PSA and they have changed the program this year.

This e-mail confirms your appointment for out Appointment Only Shopping Event for Friday, November 23rd. This year, we have made a few changes that are meant to best suit the mass demand for this service. I will need you to schedule an appointment with me on Wednesday, November 21st to do any shopping for the event and pull those items for your Friday purchase. If you are unable to make the Wednesday appointment, we can do a phone purchase order or a wish list via e-mail, which ever is more convenient for you. All of your items will be pulled and placed in a black tote at the front lanes. This year, you will need to enter the store through the front door and will pick up and pay for your items at the front cashier registers. This does mean that you will have to wait in line, but this also means that you can shop for the door busters or any exclusive sales that we have for that morning. You can feel secure in the fact that your items are away from the general public and available for you to purchase when you are done shopping. Remember, the exclusive sales always end by 12 noon so make sure to purchase your items by then. Please e-mail me your appointment time or let me know what works best for you to get the items ready for the event.

Thank you,

R. Patrick McMurphy

Best Buy Personal Shopping Assistant

972-244-4017 Personal Shopping Counter

972-244-4015 Magnolia Hone Theater

972-578-8000 General Store Number