Has anyone picked a theme yet?

cleverbffool

My main Christmas tree is always done in snowmen. I use white lights, red berry garland and the snowmen that look old and tea-stained. I used to do the tree with white lights and red/green lights wrapped just around the trunk so you can just see a hint of color. I would then use snowflake garland and white snowmen and other red and green ornaments. My smaller tree in the kitchen/dining room is done in gingerbread and candy with multi-color lights. The kids love all of the candy on it.

We don't have a theme now but someday when we have a larger house I'd like to do 2 trees. It's been a tradition in my family ever since I was born that every year my Mom makes a new ornament for everyone in the family. So now with my own family, I have my ornaments form growing up plus me my kids and my husband get a new one each year. We also as a family buy one special ornament each year to add to the tree. This way, each ornament on the tree is special.

I would love to have an extra tree decorated in white lights and white ornaments someday though. I think that's beautiful.

Ours does not have a theme either. Ours has ornaments from when I was little and from the kids. I buy an ornament for the kids every year, related to something they liked or was hot that year normally. Last year we got the CARS disney book of ornaments. When the kids move off and start their own household they will get to take their ornaments with them reminding them of things they liked growing up.

My DD is 14, and DS will be 12 soon. One day Ill have a next to bare tree and will go all fancy with it. LoL.

I don't think DH and I will be putting up a tree this year, because our house is up for sale and I packed the Christmas tree away in the storage unit and I have no clue where in the unit it is. But if we were putting up a tree, the theme is Coca Cola, we have a white tree and red lights and many different coca cola ornaments. We haven't been able to find a tree topper yet though.

I don't have a theme either - My tree has an assortment of ornaments - the ones the kids make, UGA, snowmen, santas, etc. However, this year I have so many snowmen ornaments and bought some extra already so I am going to have a snowman tree with white lights with red beaded garland in my kitchen or bedroom.

Ours does not have a theme either. Ours has ornaments from when I was little and from the kids. I buy an ornament for the kids every year, related to something they liked or was hot that year normally. Last year we got the CARS disney book of ornaments. When the kids move off and start their own household they will get to take their ornaments with them reminding them of things they liked growing up.

My DD is 14, and DS will be 12 soon. One day Ill have a next to bare tree and will go all fancy with it. LoL.

Kandy this is what we do also-I think our kiddos look forward to thier new ornament just as much as gifts-a couple yrs ago they started getting me ornaments so my tree wont be bare when they growup and move out.

Mine has always been looney toons BUT this year we decided to change it and it will be Disney Mickey Mouse and friends. This is my daughters idea, lol. I figured with little ones around its best to have bright colors on the tree and I know since she picked out the theme that she will be so proud once its done and up.

We don't have a theme either, most of our ornaments are from vacations or ones we buy the kids every year. We have some from when my dh and I were dating...baby's 1st ...etc. We also make ornaments each year...something simple the kids can do too, but we love those. And when the kids get married, they will have alot of nice ornaments for their 1st tree. Unlike our 1st tree, we had the crappy ornaments my Grandma or mom gave us because they were too ugly for their trees. lol

we don't have a theme either. Ours is a hodge podge. We have the typical baby's 1st Christmas, 2nd Christmas, then the ornament that we buy each kid for what they liked that year. I also have a bunch of ornaments from when I was kid that we put on the tree. I decorate the rest of the house with angels and santas.

We do this also. The tree has ornaments from dh and I when we were kids, then each child gets a new ornament each year. When they were little I would buy the my 1st Christmas, my 2nd Christmas, etc. Then as they get older, I let them each pick one out. Then grandma buys them each one. It's a good tradition to start and doesn't cost a lot. :)

Last year I had an old fashion tree....white lights, red & green checkered ribbon as garland. the old fashion oil candle lights, bows, and ornaments.

My children usually pick a different thems for they trees in there bedrooms...Last year my DD who was 4 has a Strawberry Shortcake tree and she picked a teddy bear theme for here nine month old sister. The boys had a football tree. Who know what will happen this year??

Does there have to be a theme? I've never had one.

When we were first married, we didn't have a lot of ornaments for the tree, so we decorated with empty Silver Bullet cans. They reflect the lights of the tree quite nicely. I highly reccomend it. Plus, it makes the tree decoration interesting towards the end if you start with 0 empties...

:D

We don't have a theme either, most of our ornaments are from vacations or ones we buy the kids every year. We have some from when my dh and I were dating...baby's 1st ...etc. We also make ornaments each year...something simple the kids can do too, but we love those. And when the kids get married, they will have alot of nice ornaments for their 1st tree. Unlike our 1st tree, we had the crappy ornaments my Grandma or mom gave us because they were too ugly for their trees. lol

me too!

I did poinsettias last year. It is a little over rated because those really pretty ones you see in ads are very hard to find. I live in TEXAS so they wilt from heat. So you have to get those cruddy ones at Walmart. This year I am doing snowmen (I have always collected them), Penguins, and polar bears with blue and white like the Hallmark Cool Decade ornaments.

• 3 months later...

No theme, our tree is just whetever ornaments suit our fancy each year as we put up the tree. We have a few favorites that ALWAYS go on, but they are not connected in any way.

However, I have a glass display case by the entry way, and I fill it with a snowman collection. That is the onlly theme I have... just that it one spot, but it doesn't carry through to other rooms or anything.

I like a little bit of everything!