cheap liquor shipped?

Ok, so we will be driving through Mississippi, Louisianna, Alabama, Tennesee, Kentucky, Indiana & Michigan. Any one from those states: is your state not regulated &/or high taxed on liquor? Everyone is saying IL is the place to go now, but it's not where I am going to. :( Any sample prices appreciated.

Thanks for the answer about the wine place. I see they do not ship liquor and that the shipping is very high anyway.

Ok, so we will be driving through Mississippi, Louisianna, Alabama, Tennesee, Kentucky, Indiana & Michigan. Any one from those states: is your state not regulated &/or high taxed on liquor? Everyone is saying IL is the place to go now, but it's not where I am going to. :( Any sample prices appreciated.

Thanks for the answer about the wine place. I see they do not ship liquor and that the shipping is very high anyway.

I am not sure if its a state wide thing, but here in Shelby County(middle of alabama) there is no liquor sales on sunday.

It's my understanding that transporting liquor across state lines is illegal. Not to say that tons of people don't do it everyday, but just so you know.

I know here in Pennsylvania, they occasionally have stings for people buying liquor from NJ where it's cheaper and then bringing it back across state lines.

I suspect it's because PA wants their cut on the taxes.

Years ago, the governor of the People Republic of Massachusetts stationed undercover Mass State Police in the NH state liquor store parking lots (liquor stores in NH are state-run). The troopers would take down the plate number of Mass cars and radio to the border at which point the car would get pulled over and fined, ticketed, whatever.

To correct the problem, the Gov. Meldrim Thompson (otherwise known as Give em hell Mel) sent NH state police to the lots and arrested the Mass troopers for loitering.

HA!

I suspect it's because PA wants their cut on the taxes.

Years ago, the governor of the People Republic of Massachusetts stationed undercover Mass State Police in the NH state liquor store parking lots (liquor stores in NH are state-run). The troopers would take down the plate number of Mass cars and radio to the border at which point the car would get pulled over and fined, ticketed, whatever.

To correct the problem, the Gov. Meldrim Thompson (otherwise known as Give em hell Mel) sent NH state police to the lots and arrested the Mass troopers for loitering.

HA!

That's great, when was that? I don't remember that story. I remember making packie runs up to NH on sundays though. :)

Actually when you consider the weight of the package and the fact the containers are glass, it would have cost me about 1.5-2x their shipping price to ship the same stuff to a friend instead of drop shipping it.

Why not just go to warehouse club like Samsclub? There is a liquor store in Chicago called Sams that's like the size of 3 basketball courts.