8"x6" Graphic Tablet for $39 + shipping at Geeks.com

Scott

Geeks.com has the 8"x6" DigiPro graphics tablet on sale again for $39 + shipping with the coupon code GEEKTAB2. This really is a good deal since other well known tablets in the size range start at well over $100.

http://www.geeks.com/imageshare/W/150x150/WP8060-unit.gif

DigiPro Graphics Tablet Deal

I know this one probably isn't the highest quality, but it will let me see if I will find one useful enough to spend the big bucks on a WACOM or similar tablet. This should also be great for kids or any amature photo editing buff.

Once I get mine, I will be posting a review in the tech forum about it's usefulness.

That's a great deal. I wonder how well it works...my 4x5 Wacom tablet is getting to the end if it's life, I think, and it's hard to get up the will to pay $150 - $200 for another Wacom.

My thoughts exactly.

Of course, I will be testing this with a few programs for compatability including:

Basic Mouse Functionality in:

WindowsXP

KompoZer (Unofficial version of NVU HTML editor)

Specific Applicaton Functionality in:

Gimp

Paint.Net

Photoshop Elements

Inkscape

If anyone has any other free or inexpensive applications they want tested, let me know. I will see what I can come up with.

I don't have a Wacom to compare to since that is the industry standard. If anyone has one they want to donate for the cause, I would be happy to compare them. ;)

I know it's not a graphics program, but usability in NVU would be nice. I use the Wacom tablet in that app, because it's easier than going back and forth from a mouse to the pen.

What features do you use it for?

I will try it out, but most likely in KompoZer since that is the a newer release branch of NVU since it has seen little development. KompoZer fixes several bugs that have not been addressed in NVU.

I've added it to my testing list.

What features do you use it for?

I will try it out, but most likely in KompoZer since that is the a newer release branch of NVU since it has seen little development. KompoZer fixes several bugs that have not been addressed in NVU.

I've added it to my testing list.

Just general use, really. Menu and tool selection, mostly. It should work fine, since those are basically just "mouse" movements.

The biggest thing is, I'd like to know how sensitive it is. What my Wacom tablet has started to do is when the mouse is within about 1/2" of the tablet, it starts to pick up on movement, and that's way too sensitive.

Just general use, really. Menu and tool selection, mostly. It should work fine, since those are basically just "mouse" movements.

The biggest thing is, I'd like to know how sensitive it is. What my Wacom tablet has started to do is when the mouse is within about 1/2" of the tablet, it starts to pick up on movement, and that's way too sensitive.

I will be testing the tablet's basic mouse functionality. I will make sure to include KompoZer in that test. I will also specifically test the sensitivity for you. I can also report back on whether or not that sensitivity is adjustable.

I got one of these and it does not work. There are no phone numbers or help files included with the install cd. Have an email into geeks for help. Oh, its the pen that does not work.

Dang it! I was so excited to see it on my porch when I got home yesterday!