Amazing freebie.... FREE credit score from Transunion!

If they are positive accounts, leave them for as long as they stay. They give age to your report, which helps your score. If they're negative, they will fall off after 7 years has lapsed. If they are innacurate, you can dispute them and request that they be removed immediately. There is some info about this sort of thing in the finance forum here and there is a lot of information available on this topic at www.creditboards.com.

Hi, I was able to get in on this very good freebie and I notice on my credit report that I had several accounts that have a balance of $400. This is strange because my balance is zero for those accounts. They have been zero for almost one year.

Hi, I was able to get in on this very good freebie and I notice on my credit report that I had several accounts that have a balance of $400. This is strange because my balance is zero for those accounts. They have been zero for almost one year.

hmmm i dont know about that one. maybe you can call the creditor that you have teh account with and see if they are reporting it correctly. if not, ask them to report the correect balance. or maybe call the credit reporting agency and see where you get with that. but i would first start with the creditor. i do know that some dont update on your report every month. i hope you can get it figured out!

Go to www.annualcreditreport.com. You can run your credit report once a year for each of the 3 credit bureaus for free. When you get the results you can dispute any item on there that is not correct. You will get a response in about 30 days as to the the decision. If the info is not correct then they will fix it.

Also be sure to look over it carefully. There is a place on the report that shows high balance which refers to the highest balance you have ever had on the card. The credit limit shows how much you are allowed to have on the card.