Eyeglasses

My son lost his glasses (new in January of course!) and I've got to replace them ASAP. Where is the best place to get them quick and not too expensive? He just had the exam but I thought the place we got them was kind of high. Of course we'll have insurance coverage in MAY, but he can't wait till then and he doesn't have a spare.

Is Target reputable? Ours has an eye place in it; also there is LensCrafters, DOC and some place in the mall I think. Or is it best to get them from the opthalmologist? I was thinking a cheap pair to get us through till May, then get a pair just to have a second pair. Opinions? Should I really pay the extra for the scratch coating? His last pair got a scratch even with that. Thanks.

I love LensCrafters and they usually have coupons last time I got glasses there they grabbed a coupon for me since I didn't have one, saved me about $75. And they have them ready in about an hour.

Also have you contacted the place you got his glasses? Did you purchase any kind of warranty on them? Never know they might be able to help you out!

Buy them online for a lot cheaper...I know friends who have used this service and they tell me that the glasses are comparable to those that would be bought at LensCrafters but for a much lower price. Check them out!

www.eyeglassdirect.com

I got a pair at Walmart's eyeglass place. I would have gotten my last pair there but they didn't have any frames that I liked. My opthalmologist got his at Sam's. He told me to check there but they didn't have any I liked either. Might be worth checking the WM/Sam's price in comparison to the others.

I'd get the cheapest pair of glasses that I could until May. There's a store here that you can get a complete pair of glasses for $24.99. If you already have the prescription then you wouldn't need to see an opthalamologist again, just call the place and tell them that you need a copy of the prescription.

We got our son glasses from a local place. They have specials with the whole thing running like $59.00 for single vision (or whatever it's called for not bi-focals, etc). Of course, they also have the expensive frames but seems that the kids around here like the ones offered on special.

ALSO, when I lost a brand new pair on vacation, which were purchased at the same place as our sons, I got a replacement pair for about 1/2 the price. Talked to them on the phone and they were ready when we returned home. At least I did have a spare I could use until returning home.

I got mine fairly cheap at Walmart last year. I didn't even pick the cheapest frames and they were around $55. America's Best is more affordable though...we just don't have one that close anymore. I got my nephew 2 pairs there for around $40 a few years ago. They might have been running a special. though at that price..I don't remember. I recommend scratch coating for the kids though. My nephew is so hard on his glasses, and it did make a difference.

Our Walmart takes forever to get contacts in, but my glasses were ready in 4 days.

eyemasters has 2 pair of kids glasses with polycarb lenses for $99

They also have every pair of frames in the store for $59.95 this week too. I bought new glasses last week, so I'm seriously considering going up there and seeing if they will price adjust