Caution about WEBKINZ

billiel

Hello - My children love the new stuff animals webkinz that give you a secret code and you use it with their website. By accident my daughter used my sons code so when my son tried to register his animal it wouldn't let him. I emailed the company with the problem asking for help and they told me that it is against their policy to remove animal codes once they are placed in an account. I felt that policy was a bit extreme and now my son is heartbroken! Just thought I would let people know of the problem. Would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks!

I looked into getting one of these and saw on their site that each pet is only good for a year I believe then you have to buy a new one. I'm still debating if it's a good idea for an Easter gift or not.

Im nt sure if u understand correctly or nt.It is true that each pet is only good for a year but if you keep buying pets then the old one wont expire.For example if you buy one on 1-1-07 it will expire on 1-1-08 unless you buy another one.Then they both expire on the new date.Its not the pet that expires bt ur account.My kids have tons of these things are LOVE them.I even find my self playing Quizzy's aracade during the day to earn my kids cash.It is very additicing and would make a excellent Easter gift.Teaches kids how to handle money and how to be responsible.Just my 2 cents.

We had/have a similar problem with my children's account - one Webkinz code entered inadvertantly onto a new account rather than being adopted into an existing account.

According to the FAQ if you have two accounts but wanted one they will fix it within 30 days (I had to email tech support to find out how) - but if you have one account (with more than one pet) then they are unable (or unwilling) to address this. - I am sure your child is very sad:(

I have to say though that my girls (6 and 8) love this site. The play everyday on the site and feed/play with their animals. For birthdays a webkinz is the gift of choice.

For the question about when the account expires - each Webkinz when adopted extends the account for one year for all animals on the account. So if were to add (adopt) a second webkinz at the end of the first year - then the account (with both animals) would extend for a second year.

What I really like about the site is the fastest way to earn money is the Quizzies - which is an age specific Q/A (multiple choice) about a diverse subject area - art, math, science - this earns money far quicker than the "arcade" games. A great motivator as my girls want to earn the money to buy new rooms for the houses, new furniture food medicine etc.

I really like the site and think that a Webkinz for an Easter gift is a great idea......(in fact there could be 2 bunnies hiding in the closet right now for Easter!).:D

Im nt sure if u understand correctly or nt.It is true that each pet is only good for a year but if you keep buying pets then the old one wont expire.For example if you buy one on 1-1-07 it will expire on 1-1-08 unless you buy another one.Then they both expire on the new date.Its not the pet that expires bt ur account.My kids have tons of these things are LOVE them.I even find my self playing Quizzy's aracade during the day to earn my kids cash.It is very additicing and would make a excellent Easter gift.Teaches kids how to handle money and how to be responsible.Just my 2 cents.

I did misunderstand the site. Seems worth it now. LOL Thanks.:)

My kids are both eight and love the website. It was not their first pet so webkinz was not willing to delete the pet from one account so it could be put onto another. I feel that they should be prepared for these things to happen and make allowances for them. The website is great and my children do enjoy it so I guess I am just going to have to buy my son another pet. Thanks for all the input!

For the question about when the account expires - each Webkinz when adopted extends the account for one year for all animals on the account. So if were to add (adopt) a second webkinz at the end of the first year - then the account (with both animals) would extend for a second year.

Maybe I'm reading what you wrote wrong...but when you adopt one, your acount is open for a year, say till 2008. When you adopt an aditional one in 2008, your account is now open till 2009. If you adopt multiple ones, they do no keep adding years to your account. If you adopt 5 on one day, you don't get 5 more years, it's one year.

Adopt on Jan 1, 2007-account open till Jan 1, 2008

Adopt another on Feb 1, 2007-account open till Feb 1, 2008

Adopt 4 on March 1, 2007-account open till March 1, 2008.

Maybe that doesn't even make sense, lol.

Maybe I'm reading what you wrote wrong...but when you adopt one, your acount is open for a year, say till 2008. When you adopt an aditional one in 2008, your account is now open till 2009. If you adopt multiple ones, they do no keep adding years to your account. If you adopt 5 on one day, you don't get 5 more years, it's one year.

Adopt on Jan 1, 2007-account open till Jan 1, 2008

Adopt another on Feb 1, 2007-account open till Feb 1, 2008

Adopt 4 on March 1, 2007-account open till March 1, 2008.

Maybe that doesn't even make sense, lol.

It makes since.You got it right.Adopting more than 1 on a day doesnt extend ur account.It has to de done on different days.So when my kids account are ready to expire on Feb 2008 i will just buy them another one and then the account will expire in 2009 for all the pets.I dont see it to be a problem because i plan on buying them all the holiday ones.Like Easter,Halloween and Christmas.So at Christmas when they ad their new pet their account will expire on 12-09 for ALL their pets.Make sense now?Just a FYI even when the account expires everything will save for 30days.So another words u have 30 to reactivate ur account and everything will still be there.

• 2 weeks later...

You can renew your account after 1 yr. It doesn't cost you anything. Look on the home page to renew.

I must be missing it. My DD wants one of these and after checking out the site and reading the renewal information I convinced her to stay with Neopets. I will give them credit, they have a good little thing going to keep their sales up.

Each Webkinz™ comes with one year's access to Webkinz World™. When your account expires you will have 14 days to renew your account, after which you will no longer be able to access your Webkinz account. Don't worry, all of your current pets, items, rooms and KinzCash will all be kept in perfect shape for you for a minimum of 30 days from the date your account expired.

Currently, you can only renew your account on Webkinz World by purchasing a new Webkinz™ or Lil' Kinz™ toy and adopting it as a pet. Remember both types of pet give you the same one year access and all the same, great benefits