Sprint/Nextel Rant

JaceyK

I am furious. First off, Sprint's service (i.e. area signals, dropped calls, slow voice mails, etc) SUCK. Now to my rant...someone broke into my vehicle and stole my purse along with my cell phone (my truck was in the garage of my home...I forgot to close garage door when I got home from a last minute errand). So I call Sprint to suspend service so that the perpetrators would not use my phone, they take care of it and say that I can apply $75 towards a new phone. So I go into Radio Shack who is a Sprint dealer...they said that I would have extend my contract to an extra year (have one year left now) to get any special prices. And I'm basically screwed since I didn't insure a refurbished phone (and how would they do that since the stupid serial number on the original box was BLACKED OUT)!

I kept saying but I don't want to extend ANOTHER year for ****ty service. So I guess instead of paying for a brand new phone, I will just be paying to break this contract. This is what I get for leaving the stupid garage door open. :mad:

Not sure about Sprint, but with T-Mobile you can find used phones on EBay pretty cheap and get a new Sim card from T-Mobile. Or try freecycle.org if you have a local branch, someone might give you their old one that's sitting in a drawer for nothing.

I used to buy Sprint cell phones from ebay all the time. I changed phones about every 6 months or so.

I've had my own issues with Sprint in the past few months, but I think I'd rather just buy the phone from ebay than extending my contract, or paying $200 to terminate the existing one.

Good luck.

We have bought perfectly good phones for our Sprint service for $20 on ebay, you just have to keep looking and not expect a razor or chocolate,lmao. Mine has 2 batteries and both chargers and I paid $20. Even if you look under buy it now there are tons on there. I've also been trying to avoid getting a phone again through Sprint because they suck and I want to go with Verizon.

Question... do you have insurance on your phone and did you file a police report? I have Nextel and I dropped my phone in Barnes and Noble. The kids who found it started calling all the numbers in my phone list one of which was DH who was standing right next to me. I called Nextel, they shut down the phone, the police came and took a report and I had a new phone 2 days later for $30. The guy and I got to talking and he even waived the shipping fee and credited me for all my ringtones and screensavers.

If you have terrible cell coverage where you live, it probably is best to switch anyway.

I know when we picked a new provider, I made sure they had an early cancellation policy so if their coverage was terrible where I needed it, I could cancel without penality. Sprint has a 30 day cancellation policy so you can try it and see if it is right for where you need to to be working.

Sorry to hear about the theft...might be for the best if the coverage was so bad.

I am furious. First off, Sprint's service (i.e. area signals, dropped calls, slow voice mails, etc) SUCK. Now to my rant...someone broke into my vehicle and stole my purse along with my cell phone (my truck was in the garage of my home...I forgot to close garage door when I got home from a last minute errand). So I call Sprint to suspend service so that the perpetrators would not use my phone, they take care of it and say that I can apply $75 towards a new phone. So I go into Radio Shack who is a Sprint dealer...they said that I would have extend my contract to an extra year (have one year left now) to get any special prices. And I'm basically screwed since I didn't insure a refurbished phone (and how would they do that since the stupid serial number on the original box was BLACKED OUT)!

I kept saying but I don't want to extend ANOTHER year for ****ty service. So I guess instead of paying for a brand new phone, I will just be paying to break this contract. This is what I get for leaving the stupid garage door open. :mad:

Sorry about the break-in. I would say that if the thiefs stole a substantial amount you could contact your homeowner's insurance or your car insurance but it sounds like what they stole is less than the deductible would be so there really isn't any point in contacting them.

I agree about ebay. Just watch those shipping prices - factor them into the total price. Another good idea is getting the some certain number off the phone and calling Sprint to make sure you can activate it without a problem. Some phones are flagged when they are lost or stolen just like yours probably was so it can't be activated again. When my dh dropped his Sprint phone in the toilet (don't ask) we bought him another phone on ebay for around $65 with shipping. It was a new model but nothing super trendy, LOL.

Also you can open your battery compartment and the serial number will be printed on a sticker on the phone. You don't need the box to have the numbers associated with the phone. We pay for insurance on our phones and it is getting expensive. I just lost my phone the other week and we called to have it replaced - it cost $50 and they sent me a refurbished phone which doesn't work correctly. My dh had to call them back and now they are sending me out another phone which will take another 2-3 days - ugggh.

yup... You prolly have to go into a Sprint store.. Not a affliated dealer store to get the credit...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/shesaidpurp.gif Corporate stores are the place to go for situations like this -- resellers like Radio Shack, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. really only want to handle new customers.

Sorry about the break-in, that sucks. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sad%20Upset/tsk.gif