Vaccuum Help!

llydting

I LOVE my Dyson, I recommend it to everyone. It is pricey, but worth every cent. (think how much money you'll save on bags). I recall seeing a previous post that Lowes had them on sale. We use it for everything no job too big or small. I had a Wind Tunnel & hated it.

I love my Oreck and recommend it to anyone...lightweight, easy to manuever, great suction..actually almost self-propels itself. I spent quite a few bucks on the XL21, but I was looking to replace my 5th vacuum in 4 years...this Oreck came with a 21 yr warranty and free tune-ups once a year. (They have more affordable vacs than the XL21.) I've had 4 of the bagless vacuums and find them to be so dusty, poor suction and hard to keep clean themselves. :yuck: The Oreck has a bag, but it's great for keeping the dirt, dust, hair, etc locked inside the bag when I change them. :yup:

LOVE my big purple dyson. Have had it for about a month...there is such a difference between that and a 'normal' vacuum cleaner. I bought mine when a local target was giving a $50 gift card with purchase. So, while it's full price, I spend plenty at Target to justify that I got $50 off! LOL

Check out Consumer Reports. They just updated their recommendations. You'll have to decide between bags or bagless and canister or upright. We bought a Kenmore direct drive. If you buy one, get the model with the motorized attachment for stairs.

I just read that one, too. The kenmore was their best buy, I believe, and it looked to be just as good as the $300-$400 vacs, but at half the price. I'd check Sears out for that one.

I am a Meile girl myself. Again, pricey, but I have had mine for 14 years now and with regular maintenance, it will last me some more. I bought it as a floor model from the local vac store for $250.00 They have better models and of course if it is not the floor model, they are going to be more anyway. Consumer Reports gave it great ratings back then. Have not had to look for another one, so have not checked.