Gifts As Party Favors For 5yr Old Kids

how many children? If you look at target in the Valentine section, there is a big bag of little playdohs, there were like 20 or 30 in the package and it was like $3.99, you could give each child two or three depending on your head count. If the party is after V-day, than check out the clearance of these items, they are always leftover. They have packages of pencils, pens, erasers, playdoh, little crayon packs and other things (since they are designed for class valentine parties). I would also check out the $ stores for things that have mult items in the package, like post its, pencils, crayons etc. You can always take apart a larger pack of something to give. If its all girls or all boys than you can customize to be just one or the other. I tend to try and customize the treat bag to somewhat match the theme of the party, you might look around at Walmart, Target and $ stores and buy accordingly. When my daughter was like 4, we did a luau theme and since her birthday is in Jan, we were able to get at 75% off green icicles that were still attached to a line and we made grass skirts with them for the kids (stapled it onto wide ribbon so we could tie it around), bought a bunch of sunglasses (available in multi packs in birthday aisle) and lei's (again in the birthday aisle), the treat bags had items related to the theme but since we gave glasses and leis, it was a little smaller treat bags. Last year was a fairy theme so I went with fairy necklaces, earrings and bracelets, some pencils and candy and was a hit. The treat bags can be the ones you buy (cello) or you can have the kids decorate their own bags (lunch bags can buy them in white or brown). You can check out OrientalTrading.com for more ideals, their items come usually in a dozen pack but can get alittle pricey after a few packs of items with shipping etc. But its great for ideals. When the kids were younger we had prizes for winning the games and it can range from a notebook, folder to maybe a pack of crayons.

Depending on your budget and the time that you have for preparation, you may want to try oriental trading company. I order from them frequently and it seems like a good deal. If you look online rather than their printed catalog, you can usually find some stuff dirt cheap. I haven't found a way to specifically search for sale items, so it does take a little while to locate the specials, but at least for us, it has always been worth the time. Also, they do offer free shipping for $60.00 and up orders.

One more thing, if you don't want to do a bunch of little favors, go for just one like maybe a big bottle of bubbles, coloring book with marker or crayons attached, a large candy bar, maybe there is a sale on 4-6 packs of playdoh or modeling clay, clearance toy that fits the theme or the summer stuff is being put out, maybe a outside play toy like paddles or sidewalk chalk. You can make a Thank you sticker or label and attached it to the one item, you can make candybar wrappers all sizes (many online free sites with templates). It can double as a thank you card too by having you child sign it.

thanks for the advice. My daughter wants the little mermaid party but the things are so expensive. I am having the party in a park in june.

Go with the color scheme aqua/teal and pink for the napkins, plates, decorations and just get one or two items that are actually Little Mermaid (keep looking, you will find some great deals between now and June) BTW, I have Little Mermaid jewelry if you are interested, sell you the whole lot, there are 14 little Mermaid Jewelry packs, they either have a necklace and ring, three rings or a necklace. If you are interested send me a private message and I can email a pic over to you. Just make offer, I am cleaning out the garage and finding old party favors that didn't get used etc.

Go with the color scheme aqua/teal and pink for the napkins, plates, decorations and just get one or two items that are actually Little Mermaid (keep looking, you will find some great deals between now and June) BTW, I have Little Mermaid jewelry if you are interested, sell you the whole lot, there are 14 little Mermaid Jewelry packs, they either have a necklace and ring, three rings or a necklace. If you are interested send me a private message and I can email a pic over to you. Just make offer, I am cleaning out the garage and finding old party favors that didn't get used etc.

i have tried to send you a message but I don't have enough points to do so that idea sounds great

Can someone please give me an idea on what to give 5yr olds as party favors. Am thinking inexpensive things

Try having them decorate or make something and they can take it home as well as occupy them for the party. i've done visors and let the kids paint them etc and take him home, i found dollar tee shirts and let them do wahtever to them..i found that work pretty good.

for about 200.00, build a bear has reps that will bring the materials and hae about 12-15 kids make their own along with the outfits etc....:cheesy:

Try having them decorate or make something and they can take it home as well as occupy them for the party. i've done visors and let the kids paint them etc and take him home, i found dollar tee shirts and let them do wahtever to them..i found that work pretty good.

for about 200.00, build a bear has reps that will bring the materials and hae about 12-15 kids make their own along with the outfits etc....:cheesy:

That is actually a good deal! I went to buildabear's site and couldn't find anything about this, they do offer birthday parties at their store though...Do you have a link?

Don't they sell these in a kit, I think it would be cheaper to buy to kit, I believe I have seen them around $10, not sure if they are actually from the makers of build a bear but at Christmas time, I did see some Christmas bears like this.

I just wanted to post what I do for my ds and dd birthdays, Just to give you an idea. Well, this is the reason behind my party favors: the thing is, I don't like to see the other children drool over the birthday person's gifts. Besides, they are small children, they too would like to get something.

So what I've done is make up some type of game (for ex. put a little piece of paper w/a number on it and stick it inside the balloon and have a whole bunch of balloons and have them grab a balloon and pop it by sitting on it. If they get a number then they get a price.)

So I'll get a toy from the dollar spot either at Target or at Walmart or the Dollar Store. The kids have fun w/a game where they get a price (the b-d child does too) and they don't feel left out when it is time to open gifts. They go home happy because they got a gift too. And they don't care that it was from the Dollar Store or the other places, believe me, they are happy w/their prize.

Nelly:)

At our Dollar Tree, they have tons of Little Mermaid items.

I was in there yesterday and got nightlights, jump ropes, hair bands, puzzles, coloring books, and they have tons of little art sets, with canvases and markers, or rubber stamps and ink. They have had the stuff for quite a while, since before the Christmas sell out, so maybe they will have some near you.

It looks like the dollar spot in Target is about the go clearance any day now.It only takes about a week to go to 75%. I always go and get the best things when it goes down in price and then come back at 75% to get fillers or class goodie bags stuff at a .25. It is also a hit with my kids and their friends.This a a good lot too because hearts go a long way with the girls.I bet they even have a few good things for a boy too.

Instead of using those little gift bags, maybe you could get some of those cheap-o theme cups and use those to put the goodies in. My girls think those cups are cool ~ they usually have them at WM for 4 or 5 for a dollar near a holiday. If you have bigger stuff, sand buckets are cute and colorful.

I always order my party favors from www.smalltoys.com. They are similar to Oriental Trading but cheaper. It normally costs me about $30 for 24 kids, shipped, with each kid getting 7-9 things.

Even though I am not the original poster, thanks for this info. I have been buying from Oriental Trading COmpany for years and I just briefly looked at smalltoys and you're right, it is cheaper and it looks like they even have a much bigger selection.

just some ideas ,for the mermaid party,you can buy shells at the dollar store and make necklaces out of them or just for decoration on the tables,for princess they might have tiaras at the dollar store also feather boas also.for my daughter she had a hawiian party we made our own tiki soda bar.for about 10 dollars.we used wood we had laying around.and plexiglass we had in our shed,i bought the plastic grass skirts at big lots for 1.99 each and used them around the bottom and the roof. and decorated it with lights i bought after christmas for 50 cents a box.we made leis ourselves out of bunches of flowers from the dollar store.it was a hit they all loved it.and i used a straw hat for a chip and dip bowl.my daughter loved being a part in helping make everything.

For my daughters 6th birthday they played "make-up" and I took their picture with all of them with their arms around each other and printed them out, put them in inexpensive frames and let them decorate them with the self adhesive foam cut outs and squeeze glitter glue. The all loved them and it will be something they will look back on for years.

Might I suggest straight jackets? LOL....

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Id try OTC too... lots of neat stuff, try DollarTree, Theres even a thread on here somewhere for Sav-On and they had tons of stuff like OTC does!

I cant find that thread though...:( can someone find it and post it?

Hope all these suggestions are helpful even though they are repeats, but hey we all know where to find the deals!

Great Minds Think Alike!!

Jen

• 2 years later...